Forum home Talkback

Begonia

WillsWills Posts: 262

Hi folks can anyone tell me i have just received my begonias through the post the leaflet they have sent me says i can plant them straight into my hanging baskets they are standard plug plants and look quite small if i plant them in them can i put them straight out  are the stems brittle as i dont want to put them out if the wind will break them or is it better to pot them on and wait till they get a bit bigger image

• CeresCeres Posts: 2,138
    You may very well be able to plant them straight into the hanging baskets but don't put them outside yet. Grow them on in the greenhouse and then harden them off gradually when they are big enough and butch enough to cope with the wind and rain. Don't put them out permanently until after the last frost (and you'll have to guess when that occurs). If you don't have a greenhouse then pot them up and grow them on indoors.
  • WillsWills Posts: 262

Thanks i have a green house and i have put them into hanging baskets i will keep them in there until they are manly enough to handle outside conditions image