Forum home Plants

YAY Spring has Finally reached my garden!

LucyLLucyL InvernessPosts: 163

Delighted to find this morning that 2 of my snowdrops have come through and started to flower image

(think above is my crocus and Iris growing through)

The others i am now waiting on are:

Iris, Crocus, big daffy's, tulips, anemone de caen, sparaxis, lilys, gladiolus, (and something else that i can't remember lol)

Can't wait for the rest to show, there is over 300 bulbs so i'm hoping the bees etc will enjoy my hard work image

Also going to buy a coldframe this weekend, 2' x 6'

Later when my roses flower i will get you guys to figure out the variety, so that i can care for each to its liking image Just hope this frost doesn't kill them back again as they were growing nicely but last frost made them die back, and now growing again...i now we have snow and frost... image

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 60,702

Hurrah! Lucy - I share your joy - this morning I've spotted some little blue crocus in the front garden and some cream ones in a pot on the terrace, and a little pale yellow  primula in a sheltered spot under a clematis is almost open image

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• 4thPanda4thPanda Posts: 4,145

Yippee image How lovely image

I have crocus, daffs, snowies and a primrose all flowering image But then I'm in the south east and don't have snow like you do image

• nutcutletnutcutlet PeterboroughPosts: 26,107

Definitely springimage

Proper gardening has started.

• LucyLLucyL InvernessPosts: 163

I'm delighted, now all i need ios for this frost to go and i'm out with the spade to dig a hole image i give it about a week and my crocus's n' iris's will be out (if we get decent weather...) Living in north scotland has its downside as it takes ages to warm up and we'r lucky if we get decent weather... but hey ho its soon of to garden work i go! image

• My snowdrops popped up 3 weeks ago. Was so pleased to see them!! I have iris in full flower now too just waiting for the first daffs image

• GemmaJFGemmaJF Posts: 1,807

It's a wonderful sight Lucy, it is my first year with snowdrops, planted dry bulbs in autumn so wasn't sure if I would get good results, plenty showing now though image

• Good news image My daffs are also coming up too! 

• Fishy65Fishy65 Posts: 2,243

I have snowdrops too,crocuses,pulmonaria and two little shoots coming up on my marsh marigold image

• Beaus MumBeaus Mum Posts: 3,536

I too have snow drops and 2 crocuses and when I say 2 I mean 2 solitary flowers and that's it! image I know everyone says I should wait a year to see all  the seasons of my new garden but I'm not patient enough image

• LucyLLucyL InvernessPosts: 163

Neighbours snowdrops have been out for AGES! even the ones in the woods have been out, I had planted mine back in oct-ish time n' thought that they would come up with everyone elses, but i suppose mine arn't established? so thats why they took alot longer than everyone elses?

Like you Gemma, this is the first year with snowdrops (and every other bulb i planted lol) so i am hoping that they all grow and multiply so my box is full of flowers all year. I can't wait for the rest to come up and flower its very exciting, and a relief to, as this year i Multi layered my big planter (3 layers) so unsure if all will appear - tried to work on the basis on the later in the year the lower they are... but some i know prefer to be less deep than others etc (was a complete headache doing it) so hopefully it will work out.

Fishy65 i had no idea what marsh marigold and Pulmonaria was but just searched they are very pretty flowers! maybe i'll get some of those for next year image

Well least you have 2 crocus Beaus Mum, I know what you mean about trying to wait, i am practicing that just now but finding it hard as i'm not going to touch my 2 layered planter this year at all to see what happens with it n' to see if all the different bulbs flower etc (i am hoping that if its successfull i won't need to touched for at least a year or 2, with only needing the odd weeds and dead bits removedimage )