Source for big plant pots?

Hi.

I have quite a few 8" terracotta plant pots which I've been using for various veg and herbs. Most stuff seems fine in them, but I have several very large herb plants which have been given to me in cheap plastic pots that they are outgrowing. The oregano is the one which seems to need a bigger pot, but I don't think it will hurt the sage or parsley. I also have an olive tree which I think will probably need progressively bigger pots over the years.

Does anyone have any sources for big pots, preferably terracotta or ceramic, that wont break the bank? I got the 8" ones from The Range for a quid each, but their bigger sizes don't seem much cheaper than anywhere else really. I wouldn't mind something a bit more interesting looking but I know that's a lot to ask, otherwise I might be tempted to rig up a mould and make some out of concrete but that has the potential to go horribly wrong.

• Pete.8Pete.8 Billericay, EssexPosts: 4,669

The local garden centres around here always have 50% off or more on all pots and they don't seem expensive.

Anything on-line will be very expensive due to delivery costs

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit.
    Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.
  • B3B3 Posts: 10,031

I got some huge pots in s&m or b& m or whatever it's called.

They weren't the prettiest of things,but they were cheap. I got black ones. I put plants in front of them .

In London. Keen but lazy.
  • TomCranhamTomCranham Posts: 139

i've used a lot of plastic pots and they seem to be doing the job nicely!

• NewBoy2NewBoy2 Posts: 1,160

A friend says he gets his from T*scos........sorry I just cant print their name....

When they have their plants delivered in on a certain day he goes and asks the assistant to let him have some of their pots as wait for it..........they just send them to land fill !!

Never change Tigers in Mid Stream
  • Mark56Mark56 Windsor, BerkshirePosts: 1,653

50% off at Longacres GC at the moment. Not sure they are on their website though & if you are in the South. I went yesterday & got a massive ceramic one for my Rhodie, £15. 

Last edited: 14 June 2017 15:39:07

• josusa47josusa47 Posts: 2,283

Are you acquainted with Freecycle?  It's a network of local websites where people give away stuff they no longer need.  It's free to register.  But in my experience, anything garden related gets snapped up so you have to respond quickly.