Forum home Problem solving

Aftercut all in one overdose!

Im a novice gardener, and having recently moved into a house I wanted to get the front lawn in better shape, as it's full of moss and weeds. I treated it with Aftercut all in one- and I think I've put twice as much down as I should have- I'm now panicking that I've killed my lawn! Can anyone advise what's best to do? I know I need to rake the dead moss and weeds away but I'm expecting it to look pretty awful when it takes effect as it was so badly covered in moss to start with. Any advice gratefully received! 

Last edited: 11 June 2017 16:38:40

Posts

  • IamweedyIamweedy Cheshire East. Posts: 1,364

    Oh dear!  You are not the only one to have posted about overfeeding or such on here. 

    There will be others along with advice. I have done similar.

     




    'You must have some bread with it me duck!'

  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 77,379

    Even if you've applied it correctly, parts of the lawn will go black where the moss is being killed.

    However, if you're sure you've over applied, give the lawn as much water as you can bear without turning it into glue, to dilute it.  Then cross your fingers and wait.  

    You're not the first and you won't be the last ....... we'll cross our fingers for you.  image

    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh







  • Sue524Sue524 Posts: 2

    Thank you very much! Fingers crossed!

  • Pat164Pat164 Posts: 2

    I've just overdosed my lawn but by 10 times the recommended amount. Is my lawn facing a slow and painful death. Is he best advice to water it?

  • LynLyn DevonPosts: 19,893

    Does anyone read the directions on the box, ? They do tell you how to apply for a reason.

    Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

  • hogweedhogweed Central ScotlandPosts: 4,037

    Water it as per above instructions. 

    'Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement' - Helen Keller
  • ClaringtonClarington Posts: 4,949
    Pat164 says:

    I've just overdosed my lawn but by 10 times the recommended amount. Is my lawn facing a slow and painful death. Is he best advice to water it?

    See original post

     Slow no; you will notice the effects quite quickly. Water it regularly but remember that the poison will be going elsewhere in your garden such as flower beds so your flowers might also suffer.

  • Pat164Pat164 Posts: 2

    Oh dear. Thanks for your response. Pat

Sign In or Register to comment.