Forum home Wildlife gardening

The Great British Wildflower Hunt

DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 82,148

Do you love wild flowers? Would you like to know more about them? And help save them for the future?  Join in the Great British Wildflower Hunt 

https://www.plantlife.org.uk/wildflowerhunt/  

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • fidgetbonesfidgetbones Derbyshire but with a Nottinghamshire postcode. Posts: 16,462

I used to do that as a kid. I had an observer book of wild flowers, and if it wasn't in that Mum had a pre war book on wild flowers with drawings in.  Now kids can use an ipad and just look it up. A good idea to get kids out of the house and actually looking at their surroundings.   Those long summer holidays are coming up.

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 82,148

We used to get taken on nature walks at primary school, and the teacher was very knowledgeable.

And do you remember the I-Spy Books?  I learned so much from them image

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• Bright starBright star Wrea GreenPosts: 1,121

Have signed up Dove.  It will also give my walks a more interesting purpose after knee surgery!?

Life's tragedy is that we get old too soon and wise too late.

• TomCranhamTomCranham Posts: 139

I've signed up, love looking for wildflowers .Though it does help that i'm lucky enough to live in the Derbushire Dales. There's 2 types of orchid in my work car park!

• The user and all related content has been deleted.