Forum home The potting shed

RHS Chatsworth

So it's the first RHS show at Chatsworth next week and i'm going on the Friday (it's only 5 1/2 miles away which helps image ). I'm really excited as it will be my first trip to an RHS show.

Who's going and what are you looking forward to seeing?

• MrsGardenMrsGarden Posts: 3,951

Oooooooo. Me me me! Not at all excited but ME, I'm going on Saturday. imageimageimageimageimageimage

• chickychicky SurreyPosts: 8,740

My sister image  Looking forward to pics image

We did not inherit the earth from our grandparents.  We’re borrowing it from our children.
  • pansyfacepansyface PEAK DISTRICT DerbyshirePosts: 16,223

I LIVE OVER THE HILL FROM CHATSWORTH. I'M JUST GOING TO WATCH THE TRAFFIC TAIL BACKS.image

Apophthegm -  a big word for a small thought.
  • paula.conwaypaula.conway Posts: 121

I'm going and I can't wait. Went to Hampton court flower show 2015 and really enjoyed it, there was so much to see. I didn't get  round it all cause we were on a coach trip and got about five hours. Brother in law is taking us to Chatsworth so will have more time.image where going on Sunday.

• punkdocpunkdoc Sheffield, Derbyshire border.Posts: 7,645

Wednesday.

Only about 8 miles from me.

Time is never time at all
    You can never ever leave
    Without leaving a piece of youth
  • RobmarstonRobmarston Posts: 228

Not going, but it sounds like a really good show. Love the innovative ideas. It may one day overtake Chelsea as THE flower show ?

• TootlesTootles Posts: 1,469

I'm going on Wednesday. Can't wait!!

I went to Chelsea for the first time this year so will be interested to see how it compares. 

Really happy to have a show that covers the void in terms of locations. 

• fidgetbonesfidgetbones Posts: 13,935

I'm going on Wednesday with my mum and my sister.  Fantasywire are installing dandelions. I guess my garden is more Chatsworth than Chelsea. image We are going in from the Baslow side via Chesterfield. I think that narrow road from Matlock side is going to be bedlam.

You don't stop doing new things because you get old, you get old because you stop doing new things. <3
  • pansyfacepansyface PEAK DISTRICT DerbyshirePosts: 16,223

JUST HEARD FROM ONE OF THE LOCAL SHOPKEEPERS, BAKEWELL BORN AND BRED AND A FOUNT OF KNOWLEDGE, THAT 90,000 PEOPLE ARE EXPECTED ON TUESDAY FOR THE SHOW.

I'M NOT SO MUCH AS GOING TO PUT MY NOSE OUT OF THE DOOR.

AND IT'S FIVE QUID EXTRA FOR PARKING, ON TOP OF THE TICKET PRICE.

Apophthegm -  a big word for a small thought.
  • fidgetbonesfidgetbones Posts: 13,935

I hope they don't turn up on Tuesday. It doesn't start until Wednesday.  I thought it was 100 thousand over the course of the week.

You don't stop doing new things because you get old, you get old because you stop doing new things. <3