Hello Forkers ... June Edition

DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 44,456

Hello everyone image

There was a bit of a glitch getting June started but now the forum's back up and running (thanks to Nora and the team) so, let's get on with it .......... 

In the spring, at the end of the day, you should smell like dirt ... Margaret Atwood

• punkdocpunkdoc Sheffield, Derbyshire border.Posts: 5,354

Hi all.

Glad we are live again.

Lovely discovery this morning. I was up a ladder trying to remove some C. alpine, that had wrapped round the TV dish, when I discovered a Grey Wagtail nest. I knew they were nesting nearby, as I see them everyday in the mud at the edge of the pond.

Now to mow the lawns, not quite a Hosta job, but takes a good 2 hours and I don't really enjoy it.

Hope you are keeping occupied Dove and are not in too much pain.

When all the gay geezers got put inside And coloured kids was getting crucified
    A few fought back and a few folks died In the winter of '79
  • Joyce21Joyce21 Posts: 11,725

Thanks Doveimage

Is Wonky going to have a new supply of warm sweaters for the winter?image

SW Scotland
  • Mary370Mary370 Limerick, Ireland Posts: 600

Phew!!  As a new member I thought I had been banned from the forum!  I was trying figure out what I could have possibly said to warrant being thrown out...........well then I thought it maybe my reply to getting a fast growing climber, I suggested a russian vine, l had one in a previous garden along a long ugly concrete wall and I loved it.  I have tried several places to buy another one but cannot find one.  Unfortunately, here in the South West of Ireland there are very few nurseries left, the large superstores sell a large amount of plants, Homebase, Lidl, Dunnes etc. all sell the same stock, very little variation.  I sooo envy those of you living in the UK, the variation of plants from nurseries is extraordinary, I realised this when I went to my first Bloom flower show in Dublin 6 years ago, there were a lot of UK plant suppliers there, fuschias, begonias, clematis, and so much more, very different and to me, new colour variations and stock which I have never seen here.  I have never bought online from the UK as I am unsure as to how the plants would survive the journey.   

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 44,456

Hello Mary and welcome aboard image

Warm wooly for Wonky in progress as we speak Joyce image

In the spring, at the end of the day, you should smell like dirt ... Margaret Atwood
  • ObelixxObelixx Posts: 11,022

Russian vine IMHO is a menace and looks ghastly for about 50 weeks of the year.   Nurseries that sell online use special packaging to send stuff so check with the more reputable ones about posting to Ireland?

Have you thought of buying seeds and growing your own?  

Punkdoc - sounds like you need to dig up some grass and make more beds so you have less to mow - or maybe get a robot?

Good morning all.

The Vendée, France
  • TopbirdTopbird Posts: 3,669

Morningimage

Will be cutting back some choisya today - but first I need to tidy the house before OH gets home - I do tend to live in a mess when he's awayimage

I was having a good hack at an eleagnus which is growing the 'wrong' way yesterday - found a nest with 3 eggs in - oops - retreated to a distance. Think it's a robin's nest - there are plenty in the garden and they come incredibly close when I'm working.

Hope there's no harm done.

I could do with a chunky cardi Dove - if you're offeringimage

Last edited: 01 June 2017 11:54:15

Heaven is ... sitting in the garden with a G&T and a cat while watching the sun go down
  • HandyLHandyL Posts: 49

welcome to June everyone! Let it be warm and dry probably asking to much for that!! 

Took this quick picture whilst leaving for work this morning always makes me smile imageimage

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 44,456

I'll add chunky cardi to the list Topbird image

Welcome Luke ... gorgeous dahlia ... it's early! image

• WonkyWombleWonkyWomble Posts: 2,446

Morning all! Happy summer! Woolly daisy dukes might be more appropriate Dove! Sat behind the kitchen garden greenhouse in the shade of the walled garden with a pot of humous and some pita bread and bucket of coffee.

Been training the espalier fruit trees this morning

Take to you late Dove, welcome new folk! Have a lovely day all image

• Pat EPat E Posts: 6,402

Thank goodness that you're all back. I was feeling as though I'd been cut off from the world. 

S. E. NSW