Forum home The potting shed

Coming soon... At last ....Chateau de Gateau

D0rdogne_DamselD0rdogne_Damsel Saint Yrieix La Perche, FrancePosts: 2,517

Apologies all for being absent, the last few weeks have been a complete rollercoaster ride. I did manage a week in the Algarve to brace myself for what's ahead and now it's official - the deal is done, Château de Gateau is going to happen, aiming for opening on the 3 rd July. ????

Can't wait to get started and will keep you all posted, with before and after pictures. So excited, but also still in shock, there were times when I thought it would never happen. 

Garden is priority for the moment. Thanks for everyone's support. ????  

Watch this space. ????????????????

Gardeners, I think, dream bigger dreams than emperors. – Mary Cantwell

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 64,438

Fantastic news DD ..................... I'd be leaping about with joy if I'd not just done me leg in!!!  

As it is I'll raise a big glass of something vaguely medicinal and drink a toast 

" to Chateau de Gateau ............  and all who bake, eat, live love and laugh there ........ much success to you"

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,663
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • punkdocpunkdoc Sheffield, Derbyshire border.Posts: 8,529

YES, YES, YES !!!!!!!

Did they tear it out with talons of steel
    And give you a shot, so that you wouldn't feel?
    And washed it away as if it wasn't real?
  • FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 35,050

Fantastic DD  image

Well deserved too - no stopping you now. Love from all the fairies xxx  image

It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

• ClaringtonClarington Posts: 4,949

YAY!!

• Well done!!!! Lots of luck and best wishes. Will be eagerly watching!!!imageimageimage

• ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 22,156

Brilliant news DD.  Very happy for you.   Lots of work to come but you're not afraid of that and it will be so good to have your own venture.  I hope Charlie is thrilled too.

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
  • TopbirdTopbird Posts: 5,832

Brilliant - simply brilliant news. Well done you!imageimageimage

Heaven is ... sitting in the garden with a G&T and a cat while watching the sun go down
  • fidgetbonesfidgetbones Posts: 14,703

As you come out of the dark times, remember the best revenge is to live well. I wish you all the best luck in the world. Ten years down the line, you will feel fantastic and all the hard work will be worth it. image

You don't stop doing new things because you get old, you get old because you stop doing new things. <3
  • Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 26,165

Fantastic news DD.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who was a bit concerned by your absence recently and feared for bad news, but was sure with your determination and conviction you'd get there. AND YOU HAVE. 

Lots of love to you , and to Charlie as you begin this wonderful new and very exciting chapter in your lives. 

Devon.