Forum home Tools and techniques

Hose problems

I have a Gardena spray gun and metal fittings but STILL my hose leaks water from the connection at the gun. I have trimmed an inch off the pipe but to no avail. Ideas anyone? I spent the extra on quality connectors and gun but it's not solved the problem of me getting soaked!

• TootsietimTootsietim Posts: 178

I haven't used a hose for many years but used to find that a good smear of Vaseline improved matters no end.

• CloggieCloggie Cambs Fens but not black soilPosts: 1,444

I did the same as you and bought metal connectors and still dribble-city, very frustrating.  I think mine's my tap.  I'm having the tap replaced so I'm going to ask the plumber if there's a dribble-free outdoor tap.

• CloggieCloggie Cambs Fens but not black soilPosts: 1,444

Ah, sorry, just re-read and your dribble is from the gun end.  Mine doesn't leak there.  Have you pushed everything in nicely?

• cathy pagetcathy paget Posts: 36

The actual tap which also has metal connectors is fine it's leaking from below the gun. Everything is tight so I might try the vaseline trick.

• raisingirlraisingirl East Devon, on the Edge of Exmoor.Posts: 5,884

Or get some ptfe tape

“Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first” 
  • cathy pagetcathy paget Posts: 36

Great idea

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 79,270

Plugging of his review website .... again image

Reported to Mods. 

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• Pete.8Pete.8 Billericay, EssexPosts: 9,059

If you've pushed the hose pipe in really firmly into the connector and tightened it well, then it could be the O rings that need replacing.

I've had a metal Hozelock spray gun and a brass connector to the hose and though I have had to trim the hose a few times, I've never had leak elsewhere in nearly 10 years

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit.
    Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 79,270

This forum is part of a commercial website dependent upon advertising for it's revenue.

See the T& Cs.  ............ it's for the Mods to decide. 

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• hogweedhogweed Central ScotlandPosts: 4,045

Perhaps try some PTFE tape on the couplings might help.

'Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement' - Helen Keller