Forum home The potting shed

Seed Compost

Hiya,

I am just about to plant some seeds on their own in a raised bed. Is it necessary that I buy a bag of seed compost or will I have good results with the multi purpose one I have used planting my other stuff (miracle gro) .I am thinking I need anyone with a bit of experience who can advise me first just so I don't spoil or undo the work I have done so far. image

Many Thanks

• flowerbomb2flowerbomb2 Posts: 54

PS. I said the seeds will be planted on their own but they won't there are plug plants amongst them sorry!!

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 64,667

If you're sowing direct where the plants will continue to grow they'll be fine with the compost that's already there image

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• GaryRGaryR Posts: 32

Personally I don't think it matters too much. I used to always buy the seed compost but when I run out I used the multipurpose stuff I had available and had similar results. Just break it up with your hands so you don't have any large lumps and throw any twigs away or into a flower bed and it'll be similar to the seed compost.

• flowerbomb2flowerbomb2 Posts: 54

Thanks guys - mind made up image