Getting my own back ....

DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 45,222

imageI've just weeded the veg patch - lunch today is a salami and chickweed roll. That'll larn those dang weeds !

How do you get even with the weeds? 

If you stop taking chances, you'll stay where you sit. You won't live any longer, but it'll feel like it.” 

• Pete8Pete8 Billericay, EssexPosts: 3,222

glyphosphate :)

• BLTBLT Posts: 476

I never knew you could eat Chick weed, its the bane of one of my raised beds at the moment..

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 45,222

Delicious .... going down a treat image

https://www.thepracticalherbalist.com/holistic-medicine-library/chickweed-skin-rejuvenator/ 

Last edited: 10 May 2017 12:58:04

If you stop taking chances, you'll stay where you sit. You won't live any longer, but it'll feel like it.” 
  • B3B3 Posts: 5,701

I don't get even - I get madimage

In London. Keen but lazy.
  • raisingirlraisingirl East Devon, on the Edge of Exmoor.Posts: 2,138

I've been known to eat young stinging nettle leaves. Not raw. In quiche and soup. Very tasty actually, like a sort of slightly spicy spinach.

Oh and somewhere I have a recipe for bramble tip wine that I've not got round to yet but which I'm told is delicious 

Last edited: 10 May 2017 13:32:40

Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time
    Sir Terry Pratchett
  • BLTBLT Posts: 476
    Dovefromabove says:

Delicious .... going down a treat image

https://www.thepracticalherbalist.com/holistic-medicine-library/chickweed-skin-rejuvenator/ 

Last edited: 10 May 2017 12:58:04

See original post

Thank you very much for that very interesting link, I am impressed  I will be trying this out..

• pansyfacepansyface PEAK DISTRICTPosts: 11,250

WHEN I BECOME A DAIRY MAID I SHALL DO THIS

Horsetail's reedy exterior and silica content have made it a popular metal polisher and natural abrasive cleanser. One species is so rich in silica that it was imported from Holland for the purpose of polishing metal, hence the nickname Dutch rushes. Another nickname is pewterwort, so named because it was used to scour pewter. Dairy maids used horsetail to scour their milk pails, while early Americans used it to scrub their metal pots and pans.

Apophthegm -  a big word for a small thought.