Forum home The potting shed

It's gonna rain!

Moisture and warmth on it's way this weekend! Rejoice! 

• KT53KT53 Posts: 4,507

Malvern Spring Show coming up this weekend.  Rain therefore just about certain. image

• pansyfacepansyface PEAK DISTRICT DerbyshirePosts: 17,521

MY MONEY'S ON THURSDAY.

Apophthegm -  a big word for a small thought.
  • madpenguinmadpenguin Isle of WightPosts: 2,145

I'll believe it when I see it down here image

“Every day is ordinary, until it isn't.” - Bernard Cornwell-Death of Kings
  • Guernsey Donkey2Guernsey Donkey2 Posts: 6,684

Thankfully we have had the rain - two solid days of it - and enough to fill the water butts and give the garden a much needed soak.  We don't want any more rain now for a week or two. However, after 25+ days of dry weather the rain was very welcome.

• TopbirdTopbird Posts: 5,851

We haven't had any sustained periods of rain for nearly 6 months - just the odd wet day - and nothing worthwhile since the beginning of March.

If we had 3 solid days of persistent gentle rain I would be a very happy bunny - maybe then I could get a fork in the front border.

Maybe I should organise a BBQ - that might do it.

Heaven is ... sitting in the garden with a G&T and a cat while watching the sun go down
  • IamweedyIamweedy Cheshire East. Posts: 1,364

I willl also only believe it when I see and feel it. How about a rain dance?  Cheshire has not been too bad, compared with other places so far.

'You must have some bread with it me duck!'

• jaffacakesjaffacakes IrelandPosts: 399

I would prefer it during the week when i am work but i will welcome any rain at this stage image

• Pete.8Pete.8 Billericay, EssexPosts: 6,110

When we get 'proper' rain I get a puddle in a corner of my patio.
    Last time that happened was 23 June 2016, and my 5 water butts are all still empty

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit.
    Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.
  • SussexsunSussexsun Posts: 1,444

Down on the south coast we have not  had anything more than the odd drizzle for weeks. Hope it holds off as I have work starting tomorrow on my new driveway, raised beds and patio. 

To see a world in a grain of sand and heaven in a wild flower Hold infinity in the palm of your hand and eternity in an hour.

• KeenieKeenie Posts: 29

If anyone gets any rain, please kindly direct it my way when you're done with it. image I've had nothing more than drizzle for weeks and all the butts are bone dry image I saved over 2000litres of water during the autumn and winter and every last little drop has gone image