i want my widowsills back

man in a shedman in a shed Posts: 90

imageimageimageimage

can someone sort this weather out please ! need to get this lot outside , planted too early again when will I learn image

• TopbirdTopbird Posts: 3,611

If you really are a man and you're anything like my father-in-law (87 this year) the answer is 'You will probably never learn' imageimage

He's had all his hanging baskets pots etc outside in position for the last 10 days - in Yorkshire - again. 

Many years he has to replace some if not all of them because they get frosted.

Does he learn? - never - not in the 30 years I've known himimageimage (Love him to bits thoughimage)

Heaven is ... sitting in the garden with a G&T and a cat while watching the sun go down
  • man in a shedman in a shed Posts: 90

ye i'm a man , none taken image

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • TopbirdTopbird Posts: 3,611
    man in a shed says:

ye i'm a man , none taken image

See original post

Absolutely none intendedimage

One year I will -  I definitely, definitely will - remember to tie in the clematis on the back fence before it forms a huge birds' nest - and I will stake the delphiniums before they start to flop - and I will do successional sowings of salad leaves - and I will....

One year I will learn tooimage

Heaven is ... sitting in the garden with a G&T and a cat while watching the sun go down

Hazel thx and yes they are toms , I potted one on that was similar size but it had hardly any roots , so I'll leave them a bit . To be honest I don't hold much hope for them , they're a foot and a half tall but the bottom leaves are dying and falling off , lesson learned image

• TomCranhamTomCranham Posts: 139

This is my first year growing from seed and i went a bit crazy image literally plants everywhere, my wife says our house may as well be a greenhouse haha 

Oh well at least the dahlias will be planted out later!

Thx Tom , glad it's not only me , must be a man thing image

• KeenieKeenie Posts: 29

Definitely not just a man thing. My window ledges are covered, upstairs and down image the dining table is pushed as close to the window as possible and also covered in goodies. Husband thinks I'm a loon (but he hasn't complained about eating his tea off his lap infront of the telly box!! image)

started taking them outside today- what an effort! Who needs a gym membership hey! 10 days or so and all being well normality will be resumed! Fingers crossed 

That's great news Keenie , just this minute took some plants out but it's blowing a gale and it's freezing swear I could hear the plants shouting " are you mad ! get me back indoors " image