Forum home Problem solving

Hydrangea leaves changing colour

imageimageimage

Hi all. 

Sorry if this has been asked elsewhere already but this morning I noticed my hydrangea leaves weren't quite as nice as they were before. 

Can anyone identify the issue from these pictures and if so give me advice on how to resolve it?  I'm very new to gardening so any and all help is appreciated. 

My my wife believes it's frost damage but it wasn't that cold last night.image

• LynLyn DevonPosts: 19,935

There's absolutely nothing wrong with it, it's got  cold in the spell we've just had.

Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 77,480

I agree with Lyn - it's feeling a little stressed from the cold snap last week.  

If you've had a dry spell as we have in East Anglia, then it might be a bit thirsty too.  If the soil's dryish give it a couple of buckets of water.

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• jaigh83jaigh83 Posts: 8

Thanks for the replies.  

I was worried it was fungus or something.  

Is there anyway to de-stress the plant or does it get along fine once the weather gets warmer?

• LynLyn DevonPosts: 19,935

It will be just fine on its one, I have loads of them, never fed them or watered once they've grown bigger. They'll take their roots down to where the soil is wet,  if those dark leaves offend just snip them off.

Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• jaigh83jaigh83 Posts: 8

I'll not cut the leaves.  Now I know it's ok, slight discolouration doesn't bother me.  It's a decent size plant that's been growing for a year and it's only a handful of the leaves.