Forum home Problem solving

Lavender Wilting

2»

• FairygirlFairygirl Posts: 54,811

Don't worry - we've all had these issues at some point. Look for a plant that's obviously healthy when you buy it - good new fresh growth on it.

The problem with buying from supermarkets or discount places is that they're kept undercover and in  a false environment, usually 'forced' into early growth, with the plants often neglected in terms of watering and general care. It's worse in late winter/early spring because these plants are being taken from that sheltered environment, and they need to be acclimatised a bit first, even if they're hardy plants. 

Find a good Garden Centre or nursery, and pick a nice specimen - you'll have a much better chance of success and that will give you encouragement  image

It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

I live in west central Scotland - not where that photo is...
  • cumuluscumulus Posts: 5

I'm sorry your plant died, Jan H11. It's an opportunity to treat yourself to a beautiful new one. I have made the same mistakes, thinking they're bombproof. We live and learn! 

• Jan H11Jan H11 Posts: 47

Indeed.....older and wiser (hate admitting the 'older' bit) yep I will look forward to a healthy lavender from a trustworthy source! Thank you for your commiserations ?