Jam jar flowers

hogweedhogweed Central ScotlandPosts: 3,871

would anyone like to join in this thread which is posting a photo every month (or whenever) of the flowers in your garden arranged in a jam jar? Everyone has a jam Jar! 

i very rarely pick flowers from the garden for the house but I thought this season I would change that. 

I will will go out to the garden soon and get mine just to start it off although i think it will be mainly foliage!

'Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement' - Helen Keller

• Ladybird4Ladybird4 Third rock from the sunPosts: 24,179

Sorry it isn't a jam jar! Choisya I broke off my plant 2 days ago (mea culpa!) now filling my living room with its scent.

Cacoethes: An irresistible urge to do something inadvisable
  • hogweedhogweed Central ScotlandPosts: 3,871

Here is mine. Newly picked. 

Hellebores, geum , viburnum judii brunnera polemonium euonymus elata epimedium. 

• Muddle-UpMuddle-Up Posts: 14,072

What a great idea for a thread, hogweed!

I've got a Branston Pickle jar, newly washed out.....but there's no way I'm going out there today, in the current weather!  But when it calms down, I promise I will! image

Aberdeenshire, NE Scotland 🌞  
    FIDDLESTICKS AND FLAPDOODLE!
  • Ladybird4Ladybird4 Third rock from the sunPosts: 24,179

Crikey hogweed, you have got a lot of plants out at the moment. I'm a bit nesh and am not going out into the cold to pick any more just yet.

Cacoethes: An irresistible urge to do something inadvisable
  • ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 16,471

Great idea.  However, the tree peony is over and the wisteria has nearly all gone over and I have no inherited perennials for picking so I'll just keep ane eye for now and join in when I can.

Just had to go out and buy jam jars for mint jelly!

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
  • Muddle-UpMuddle-Up Posts: 14,072

I WAS BRAVE!  Bet I get double pneumonia now!

But the sun came out for 5 minutes, so here we go.....astonishing how many different flowers there are out there!

Hellebores, myosotis, pulmonaria, mahonia, narcissi, chaenomeles, cherry blossom, lunaria, Kerrie Dumplin's ( drumstick primulas )....

Got a house full of pollen beetles, now!

Aberdeenshire, NE Scotland 🌞  
    FIDDLESTICKS AND FLAPDOODLE!
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 53,939

Lovely idea Hogweed image

Forget me nots, vinca major, aquilegia, tulips, Narcissus 'Tresamble', bergenia, clematis alpina 'Willy', wallflowers  cerinthe major, hellebore and allium triquetrum  ... think that's all of them.

Sorry it's a bit blurry - took it on my phone.  

Last edited: 25 April 2017 12:03:26

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• hogweedhogweed Central ScotlandPosts: 3,871

Love the clematis Willy. 

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 53,939

He is rather gorgeous image

I'll get my camera out and try to get a better photo ... 

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• Joyce21Joyce21 Posts: 14,744

This has got us outside imageimageimage

SW Scotland