Forum home The potting shed

Harrogate spring flower show

Anyone made it to this?  Wandering around at the mo' - definitely better than last year, few photos so far:

• Joyce21Joyce21 Posts: 15,489

Lots of temptation there Andy.  Lovely pix.

SW Scotland
  • ForestedgeForestedge Posts: 3,650

Grand photos - looks good.  Doesn't seem too crowded which is what puts me off going to a flower show.

• TopbirdTopbird Posts: 5,847

Beautiful acers and hostas.

Mickfield Hostas are about 8 miles from here. Can anybody explain (words of one syllable please) why I haven't been there yet?

Need to put that right very soonimage

Enjoy the rest of your day Andy.

If you see the company Ferntastic take some pics for me pleaseimage They're another local company I only learned about on Thursday. Apparently they've done very well with the awards and I may need to get to know them better.

Last edited: 23 April 2017 13:36:45

Heaven is ... sitting in the garden with a G&T and a cat while watching the sun go down
  • Andy LeedsAndy Leeds Posts: 512

Ah sorry I've left now - did see Ferntastic, was also an impressive display.

• YviestevieYviestevie Kingswinford, West MidlandsPosts: 5,671

Thanks for posting Andy, didn't go this year but have been before and liked it very much.

Hi from Kingswinford in the West Midlands
  • TopbirdTopbird Posts: 5,847

Glad you had a good time - thanks for the photosimage

Did you pop into Betty's for a Fat Rascal afterwards?image

Last edited: 23 April 2017 17:48:19

Heaven is ... sitting in the garden with a G&T and a cat while watching the sun go down
  • PerkiPerki Rossendale - LancashirePosts: 1,786

Got back from Harrogate flower show couple of hours ago. Lots to look at but got rather busy later on.

• LiriodendronLiriodendron Scariff, County Clare, IrelandPosts: 6,345

Ooh, missed this thread!  I went to the show on Thursday for a change - usually I'm there on the Saturday - when there were lots of serious plant buyers around.  Lovely plants!  I took a few photos...

Don't think you'll see me wearing these creations though...

"The one who plants trees, knowing that he will never sit in their shade, has at least started to understand the meaning of life."  Rabindranath Tagore
  • Joyce21Joyce21 Posts: 15,489

Liri, these outfits would be very suitable for social life the cottage image

Loving all the flower pix from the show.

Last edited: 23 April 2017 20:34:59

SW Scotland
  • AuntyRachAuntyRach Posts: 3,723

Brilliant pics! I would love a whole garden of Acers, like in Andy's first pic! Are those Slipper Orchids, third down, Liriodendron? 

My garden and I live in South Wales.