Forum home Tools and techniques

tools used on the programmes

What is the rake-type tool which Monty Don use to prepare his ground?  It has a 'box' like appearance and rattles when used!


  • ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 21,886

    It is called a hand harrow and is rather expensive to buy.  Her's one, similar but not exact -  They have a narrower model for not a lot less.

    I think a decent going over with a good push-me-pull-you double edged hoe head from Wolf and then a rake over will do just as well.

    "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
  • Thank you for your prompt reply. Yes, looking at the price of a hand harrow, I guess I'll stick to my trusty hoe and rake!  Still, it's good to know what that tool is. Thanks again.

Sign In or Register to comment.