Forum home The potting shed

Carol Klein's Life in a cottage garden...will it get repeated again

Does anyone know if Carol Klein's series Life in a cottage garden is going to get repeated again???

I always enjoy Carol's programmes, she is one of the few TV gardeners that gets me fired with enthusiasm and want to get out in the garden even when it's the middle of winter, pitch black outside, freezing cold and piddling down with rain.

It was repeated earlier this year on BBC4 and I managed to record all the episodes except for the first one. I didn't realise it was on and by the time I came across it and hit the record button I'd missed a good bit of it and some of the end has been chopped off as well so I want to get a new recording of that first episode at least.

• Mark56Mark56 Windsor, BerkshirePosts: 1,653

It's on youtube, as are lots of old GW episodes & other shows. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3Nxp0afk3o

The other episodes are at the side

• ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 22,233

It has been on again on Sunday mornings recently.   Have you tried iPlayer?

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
  • JetmorganJetmorgan Posts: 79
    Obelixx says:

It has been on again on Sunday mornings recently.   Have you tried iPlayer?

See original post

Yes it was on earlier this year and that's when I recorded it onto my freesat hard drive. I want to get all the episodes onto a DVD, I wish they would release it on DVD, so I can clear a bit of space but I didn't know it was being repeated and so came across it flicking through the channels and it was mad rush to hit the record button. I did have a look at iPlayer but I can't find it listed there at the moment and then it's a matter of downloading it and getting it onto a DVD..

• JetmorganJetmorgan Posts: 79
    Mark56 says:

It's on youtube, as are lots of old GW episodes & other shows. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3Nxp0afk3o

The other episodes are at the side

See original post

Yes I have seen it and other episodes of GW...A-Z and British Garden revival on youtube but the quality is fairly poor and this area doesn't have good internet service so the quality is even worse. Also I want to get all the episodes onto a DVD so I can clear some space on my freesat recorder hard drive.