Forum home The potting shed

Tea for two

They have done a survey - as they do - and Yorkshire has been voted as the tea drinking capital of the UK. It said that some people drink as many as 6 cups in a day,  I was reading this news item just as Christine brought our 6th cup of the day, in Yorkshire of course.

• FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 35,076

What - only six?  image

I'm very partial to Yorkshire tea oakridge. I can easily do six mugs in the morning when I'm at home. I'm on the eighth just now  image

It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

• B3B3 Posts: 14,970

I  don't get tea. It all tastes like what it is - dead leaves image. Cow juice and sugar doesn't improve itimage

In London. Keen but lazy.
  • oakridgeoakridge Posts: 83

Good for you Fairygirl, I think I would be like the 5th little piglet if I had that many.  The dregs from teapot go onto the compost heap, I don't know if it does any good but it feels like the right sort of thing to do.

• FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 35,076

Are you one of those 'new fangled coffee drinkers' B3?  image

I have a coffee with my daughter on a Friday after work - so one less today than usual  image

I use teabags as I like my tea strong - the bags go in the compost too. 

It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

• oakridgeoakridge Posts: 83

We use teabags, but they go in the teapot which is covered by a cosy knitted by Christine's Mum 40 odd years ago.  For elevensies we do have coffee, cappuccino for Christine and latte for me.

• AHRAHR Sheffield Posts: 356

I have between 10 and 15 cups a day. Mainly tea but sometimes coffee. 

• AuntyRachAuntyRach Posts: 3,711

My Granny used to say that I was a 'teapot' because I was born in Yorkshire (although I moved away before I had ever even tasted a cup of tea, aged 1!) 

I absolutely cannot even speak or function before my morning mug of tea - that's the best one of the day. Other favourite cuppa times are: in the garden, anytime cake is on offer, in the bath and the decaf one I take up to bed. 

Time to put kettle on...

My garden and I live in South Wales. 
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 64,460

I'm a coffee drinker. Strong tea upsets my tum, but I do like a cup of Darjeeling in the afternoon. 

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • B3B3 Posts: 14,970

Fairy, I don't drink coffee either. The only place for a coffee bean is on fire atop  a sambucca or I'm quite partial to coffee cake.image

In London. Keen but lazy.