Forum home The potting shed

Gardeners' World weather forecast

B3B3 Posts: 15,054

image.

In London. Keen but lazy.

• pansyfacepansyface PEAK DISTRICT DerbyshirePosts: 17,521

ALL GOOD CLEAN ENTERTAINMENT. A BIT LIKE THIS

http://www.oldielyrics.com/lyrics/frankie_laine/tell_me_a_story.html

Apophthegm -  a big word for a small thought.
  • B3B3 Posts: 15,054

My mum used to sing the first verse of that when I was little. I didn't know there were any more verses.

In London. Keen but lazy.

YOU'D BE HAD UP FOR CHILD CRUELTY IF YOU SANG THE WHOLE THING THESE DAYS.

SOME THINGS ARE BEST LEFT UNDINISHED. LIKE THE "NATIONAL" ANTHEM.image

https://jdaviesx.wordpress.com/2012/02/07/national-anthem-god-save-the-queen-all-6-verses/

VERSE SIX FOR EXAMPLE. NO WONDER THEY WANT INDEPENDENCE.

Last edited: 21 April 2017 21:48:14

• I haven't seen GW yet bcause it's not up on iPlayer, "why when it's pre-recorded? Surely they can put it up right away like every other pre-recorded show" possibly one or two people will ask.

Because the weather is live is the answer.  It takes At least 3x the length of a show to compile it for iPlayer and they have to do it in one lump. If they had a special weather report at the end of the show, and seperate from it, then people who miss the show at 8pm could watch at 8:30pm instead of wondering why it's still not up at nearly 11pm. 

AND IT'S ALL FICTION ANYWAY.

• Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 26,165

Total waste of time IMHO. given the ease of finding local weather forecasts on internet / apps and after news programmes it's a waste of gardening time ( like soppy shots of soppy dogs) 

As they cover the whole country, most of it isn't locally relevant either. Dump it I say.( and the dogs)

Devon.
  • Kitty 2Kitty 2 ManchesterPosts: 5,150
    Hostafan1 says:

Dump it I say.( and the dogs)

See original post

And the box, eh Hosta  image

• raisingirlraisingirl East Devon, on the Edge of Exmoor.Posts: 3,913

But still, it's not on at all next week so that should cheer everyone up image No weather forecast, no dog shots - happy days 

Snooker. Yay 

Last edited: 22 April 2017 08:54:26

“This isn't life in the fast lane, it's life in the oncoming traffic.”
    ― Terry Pratchett
  • Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 26,165

Clearly any sane person would have dumped those awful box hedges years ago????

Devon.
  • ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 22,270

Yes Hosta but then they wouldn't have those dodgy brick paths all over the place either.  Given the state of my knees and feet I'd change those in a jiffy for something more even and less trippy.   Even grass would be better.

Agree the forecast is a waste of time, especially for those who can't watch it till Sunday am.  Mind you, there is so much time wasted on long shots and just walking about that maybe they just don't have the imagination to fill up a whole 30 minutes of gardening.   I did like his roses but I do hope they take the time to show him putting up the wires as we get so many questions about wall and fence training on here.

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw