Forum home The potting shed

broken knee

Logan4Logan4 West MidlandsPosts: 2,305

Hi all, On Tuesday i was taking berry for a walk, went round the front and down the side. There's a path at the back of our house with a concrete balard. Went further along the back, was talking to a neaghbour. Went to turn round to walk down path and across the road. Forgetting about the balard and fell over it. Landed on my knees, the right one was the worst. Thought it was just brused, but on Wednesday it was swollen and i couldn't bend it.Went to have a x-ray 3.30pm. had the x-ray straight away, but had to wait for the rest. Came out about 8.00pm. Can't put any weight on it. Hubby's had to do everything. This morning went to fracture clinic for 10.05am, came out at 11.30 got a resin cast on. the whole leg.But not on the foot. So i can put my foot down, to balance but no weight on it. Can't do much, just boss OH around.image But he's good. Had a choice of colours, purple, pink, white and black, i had purple.

• Joyce21Joyce21 Posts: 15,489

Very fetching colour! You could have matching hair image

just get OH to keep on top of the seedlings.

SW Scotland
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,663
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 64,640

Oh no! Poor you ((hugs)) take it easy and get well soon. 

Youll have lots of time to noodle on here with us image

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• PalaisglidePalaisglide Posts: 3,414

I know you girls logan, I would bet it matched the colour of your knee after the fall. Do not get too bossy with OH you may get a pair of eye's to match as well. Get well soon.

Frank.

• Logan4Logan4 West MidlandsPosts: 2,305

Thanks, Joyce, Hazel, Dove and Palaisglide, yes I'll have more time on here (hugs).image

It's tiering not having anything to do.

Last edited: 20 April 2017 16:49:53

• pansyfacepansyface PEAK DISTRICT DerbyshirePosts: 17,521

OH HEAVENS LOGAN, POOR YOU.

MAKE THE MOST OF YOUR "I CAN'T LIFT A FINGER" OPPORTUNITY, image

GET LOTS OF REST AND TLC.

Apophthegm -  a big word for a small thought.

Yes thanks pansyface,i will.image

• amberspyamberspy Posts: 353

Oh poor u hugs 

I really feel for you ,as I tore my ligaments and full leg brace for 12 weeks my own fault as I made it worse my walking on it and not going to hospital ???but I was on hols in Florida when it happened and I felt fine for first few days ,someone ran over me with mobility scooter when I was in queue waiting for rides in and leg got trapped 

let your hubby run after u mine did but I soon got fed up 

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 64,640

Is OH up for all the dog walking, garden watering etc?  I suppose he'll have to be ...image

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

Dovefromabove says:

Is OH up for all the dog walking, garden watering etc?  I suppose he'll have to be ...image

See original post

He's alright doing the walks,he said he would do the Gardening, watering, I've got a lot of cosmos, snapdragons, marigolds and a lot of other things. I've been giving him instructions how to use the pressure cooker, I've cut up all the veg at the dining table. Told him how to make the gravy. It came out alright.imageBut sitting down all the time is making my bottom hurt.

Last edited: 20 April 2017 17:36:39