Forum home The potting shed

Sums up my weekend

KT53KT53 Posts: 4,507

Middle of last week I applied the 4 in 1 weed and feed.  Instructions say to water if it doesn't rain within a few days.  Checked the forecast today - no rain.  Got the sprinkler out and did the lawn, which is about 100 ft long so a bit of dragging the sprinkler about.

Guess what happened about an hour after I finished??  That right it started raining.

Add that to getting a call on Friday evening to tell me that a close relative has died, plus a lady at the door at 8am today to say somebody had smashed the rear screen of the car, and you will see it ain't be a great Bank Holiday.

Incidentally, they can't fix the car window until Thursday because of the Bank Holiday.  I think I'll go and hide under the duvet. image

• CloggieCloggie Posts: 1,289

Do you have a water meter?  If not, then there's a bit of silver to grab on to ... image

• ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 22,270

What a pain KT.  I hope tomorrow goes better for you, and the rest of the week too..

Last edited: 16 April 2017 21:26:48

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
  • KT53KT53 Posts: 4,507
    Cloggie says:

Do you have a water meter?  If not, then there's a bit of silver to grab on to ... image

See original post

Thanks for lightening the mood.  I don't have a water meter. image

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 64,641

KT 53  Hope tomorrow's brighter than today image

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• CloggieCloggie Posts: 1,289

I have a water meter and frustratingly my neighbour doesn't <boggle>.  

If it's any consolation, rain was predicted so I didn't water and it didn't rain and now I'm seeing droopy and yellow plants.  I also had to drain two water butts because we're having building work done ... aargh!   Also, if you'd primed the soil by watering, the rain would have had a better effect.

Thankfully I don't have either of your other bad news points and I'm sorry to hear about your relative and your car.  

You've had your three - all up from here <fingers crossed>

• TesniTesni Posts: 158

I am so sorry.

Cloggie says:

You've had your three - all up from here <fingers crossed>

See original post

Well Man U beat Chelsea so things are definitely improving. image

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 64,641

Oh dear ... That'll not make my son happy image

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

Dovefromabove says:

Oh dear ... That'll not make my son happy image

See original post

My best mate's not too chuffed either!

A new entry for the "You couldn't make it up" category.

I've just had a call from the people organising my cousin's funeral.  It's taking place next Tuesday, which is a bit quick for many people as we're scattered all over the country.  The "You couldn't make it up" bit is the reason for it having to be that date.

The local council only allocated a set number of days for grave diggers to attend cemetaries, and if it doesn't happen next week it could quote "Be some time before they are available again"!!!!!!