Instagram

Do any of you here have instagram? Just got it and wanting to follow like minded people for garden ideas and find new plants. My username is theyorkshiregarden. Follow me or let me know your usernames on here if you have instagram :) 

• Bright starBright star Wrea GreenPosts: 576

No thanks, I get all that information from this site. 

Life's tragedy is that we get old too soon and wise too late.

• pansyfacepansyface PEAK DISTRICTPosts: 11,018

HA HA.

WOT'S INSTAGRAM?

YOU ARE 27 AND I AM ALMOST THE REVERSE OF THAT.image

MANY OF THE LADIES, OR THOSE WHO CALL THEMSELVES LADIES, OR WHO WOULD LIKE TO BE CALLED LADIES, WOULD CLAIM ON THIS FORUM THAT THEY ARE 27 BUT DON'T BELIEVE A WORD THEY SAY.

THEY ARE ALL FANTASISTS.image

Apophthegm -  a big word for a small thought.
  • PalaisglidePalaisglide Posts: 3,220

Well now, I know how to double dig, plant spuds and put rotted horse muck on my Rhubarb but at my age i am unable to dig Instagram what ever it is or what ever you put on it, will custard do it or gravy. Pansyface you do know how to insult our Female members, Gardeners will do nicely no gender that way after all we must be up with the new trend of no Gender conversations. ("eh pet").

Frank.

• autumngloryautumnglory Posts: 207

I don't have Instagram but I do use Pinterest, it's brilliant for inspiration. It really helped me decide what to do with my garden.

• TomCranhamTomCranham Posts: 139

Following :D

• TinyGardenGIrlTinyGardenGIrl Posts: 87

Ooh I might sign up for instagram for the same reasons Matt. I'll follow you then. 

I'm 30. When I mention anything about plants to other people my age I just get weird looks. I can talk to older people about gardening all day long :D

TGG, WE ONLY TALK ABOUT IT ALL DAY LONG BECAUSE OUR SHORT TERM MEMORY IS SHOT TO BITS.image

• PalaisglidePalaisglide Posts: 3,220

Pansyface, At my age you talk about it to anyone who will listen to rest your aching back after doing it and not talking about it !!! Right, now what was I talking about??

Pinterest??? what on earth? However did we old stagers ever feed our families from the garden without all these magic roundabouts.

My Computer back then was Dad, dig t'ground ower in't Autumn lad, let winter and twerms do their bit, Sow and plant in't  Spring then eat fresh al't year round. He was right.

OK now I will getten me Ganzi and go hoover the Astro Turf and wash the plastic flower bed?

Frank.

• autumngloryautumnglory Posts: 207
    Palaisglide says:

Pansyface, At my age you talk about it to anyone who will listen to rest your aching back after doing it and not talking about it !!! Right, now what was I talking about??

Pinterest??? what on earth? However did we old stagers ever feed our families from the garden without all these magic roundabouts.

My Computer back then was Dad, dig t'ground ower in't Autumn lad, let winter and twerms do their bit, Sow and plant in't  Spring then eat fresh al't year round. He was right.

OK now I will getten me Ganzi and go hoover the Astro Turf and wash the plastic flower bed?

Frank.

See original post

It's different now though because people don't always have someone to ask! I think the internet is great for getting help and advice with things. 

Pinterest is also useful to keep track of what plants you have with pictures. I have a board with a picture of every plant in my garden and it's name. If I wrote them all down I'd just lose the paper!