If I had a brain I'd be dangerous!

If I had a brain I would have known that those tulips which, on the pack, said they were "an unusual colour combination" which looked dull and uninteresting (basically, beige with pinkish beige) would be - mega-boring and - well, beige!

And when I planted another trough with tulips - some cream am some purple, and the cream ones, described as 10" but were actually 15" which dwarfed the purple ones, instead of just moaning about it I should instantly have seen that all I had to do was . . . . . . . . . . .  turn the trough around so the cream ones were at the back!  Simples. (it took me a couple of days to work that one out.  'nuff said!)

And when I said I could manage with a smaller greenhouse because my new garden is a lot smaller than before, I should have known that I would quickly run out of space for seedlings, over-wintered plants etc.

And when I said that, with the new-to-us house with a small garden would be fine - I was self-delusional.

If only I wasn't a scarecrow from the Wizard of Oz, I would have had half a brain and would have known these things.

Please tell me I'm not alone!

• Victoria SpongeVictoria Sponge WearsidePosts: 2,423

The other week I realised I didn't have a full size soil rake. I must have just imagined owning one, how funny...Today I found it hanging on the opposite wall on the shed. Why didn't I just look for it? I was in the shed at the time.

Also today I heated up a bag of onion sets on the hob, melting the plastic bag. The oven had its Spring wipe-down today (I don't really cook) and I must have turned a couple of knobs in error?

My mind must have been on higher matters todayimage

• Logan4Logan4 West MidlandsPosts: 617

Nothing to do with gardening, but i was trying to send a text message to my OH but couldn't get a signal, so i asked him, what if i call you instead.

• KT53KT53 Posts: 2,230
    Logan4 says:

Nothing to do with gardening, but i was trying to send a text message to my OH but couldn't get a signal, so i asked him, what if i call you instead.

See original post

I think you must be a long lost relative of my missus.  That's the sort of thing she comes out with when trying to work with technology!.

Yes i could be.

• ObelixxObelixx Posts: 10,999

Life is too short to text on a mobile phone.  If I want OH to consider/discuss/do/remember something I send an email.

The Vendée, France
    Obelixx says:

Life is too short to text on a mobile phone.  If I want OH to consider/discuss/do/remember something I send an email.

See original post

I can't do that because I'm only connected with wi fi and it doesn't work when I'm out the house.

• ObelixxObelixx Posts: 10,999

If I'm out of the house it can wait cos I'm busy either running errands or having fun.

The Vendée, France
    Obelixx says:

If I'm out of the house it can wait cos I'm busy either running errands or having fun.

See original post

I only do it to tell him I'm coming back.

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 44,428

No point in trying to communicate with OH by mobile - he won't have it with him image

In the spring, at the end of the day, you should smell like dirt ... Margaret Atwood
  • ClaringtonClarington Posts: 4,913

I have to send the message as soon as I think about it as sometimes no matter how important it is I'm the one that will forget.

Technology for me is such a life saver!