Forum home Plants

help

paula79paula79 Posts: 1

Can anyone tell me what this plant is called, bought for me as a present and don't know if it's indoor or outdoor, thanks paula

• nutcutletnutcutlet PeterboroughPosts: 26,362

it's a cyclamen. Couldn't say which species but it doesn't look like one of the UK hardy ones

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,663
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • You can remove the individual seed heads once the flower has finished - this should help boost the plant and to produce more new flowered stalks.

Last edited: 28 March 2017 23:03:46

• Daisy33Daisy33 LondonPosts: 1,031

Keep indoors for the while Paula and water it from the saucer. When it looks like it's gone over, put it outside in a cool sheltered spot keeping it on the dry side, and it should reward you for another year I have one that is on its 3rd season, have just put it outside last week.

Pretty colour.

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 77,284

Agree with what's been said. Cyclamen, probably a persicaria cultivar.

Keep indoors in a coolish room in good light but not direct sun, watering from the bottom, until the flowers have finished. It will begin to die down , put it outside in a sheltered spot, I lay the pot on it's side. In the autumn repot the corm in fresh compost and bring it indoors again and resume watering. 

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh