Save the Bees.. Please sign Petition

Mark56Mark56 Windsor, BerkshirePosts: 1,653

With Article 50 triggering, we need to ensure that Andrea Leadsom - Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs will not allow any exemptions to the European ban on bee-killing pesticides (known as neonicotinoids). 

Please sign here, it's worth a shot. 

https://speakout.38degrees.org.uk/campaigns/2094?utm_source&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=blast2017-03-27&bucket=email-blast-24_3_2017_bees-nfu-50k-test

• WonkyWombleWonkyWomble Posts: 2,858

Signed, thank you for posting the link

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 58,410

Done ... thanks image

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• nutcutletnutcutlet PeterboroughPosts: 26,087

Done

I seem to have lost count of the number of times I've done this over the last few years. I have to assume money is talking somewhere.

• ZenjeffZenjeff Newcastle Upon Tyne Posts: 548

Signed Mark 

thanks

• Ladybird4Ladybird4 Third rock from the sunPosts: 27,150

Signed.

Cacoethes: An irresistible urge to do something inadvisable
  • Mark56Mark56 Windsor, BerkshirePosts: 1,653

Agree Nut, it doesn't add up. 

Thanks for signing everyone! image

• KaymayKaymay Posts: 70

Signed. Any action we take to raise the profile of saving bees is a positive move.

• Done! They need saving they are a vital part of the food system!! 

• Mark56Mark56 Windsor, BerkshirePosts: 1,653

I can understand the need to repeal EU laws but not when it comes to something as simple, yet crucial as bees. There is no time to wait. They are already in rapid decline and this will only worsen the problem - the statutory decisions are being made now, not later. Farmers are already lobbying Andrea Leadsom with intent to slip through the use of neonicotinoids on a mass scale. 

Last edited: 28 March 2017 21:00:47

• Bee witchedBee witched Scottish BordersPosts: 485

Hi Mark ..... signed.

However, even if the ban on seeds dressed with neonicotinoids is continued, there are still problems ahead for bees.

Many farmers will be resorting to some of the older chemical sprays they used before the ban. This is not good news as the spraying happens on a nice sunny dry day when the rape flowers will be open ...  and being visited by pollinating insects.

Many bees will not make it back to the hive ... 

Farmers are encouraged to let local beekeepers know when they will be spraying so we can keep our bees shut in for a few hours ... but not all of them do this.

Bee

Bees must gather nectar from two million flowers to make one pound of honey