People Leaving in a Huff

It seems people have left this forum recently and now some threads don't make complete sense as posts have also disappeared.  Have their posts gone with them?  I don't know the reasons but some of those people had made useful contributions.  One member made an angry series of posts one morning a few days ago and a few hours later they  were gone.  Others seem to have also left.  What's going on?......I expect this thread will be removed or I'll get reprimanded for asking.

• pansyfacepansyface PEAK DISTRICT DerbyshirePosts: 16,176

I AM SIMILARLY BAFFLED, REDWING.

SOMETHING SEEMS TO HAVE HAPPENED AT THE MOMENT I BLINKED.image

IN THE DARK LIKE YOU.

Apophthegm -  a big word for a small thought.
  • B3B3 Posts: 11,350

I've been wondering too.

In London. Keen but lazy.
  • Pete.8Pete.8 Billericay, EssexPosts: 5,004

And me

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit.
    Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.
  • KT53KT53 Posts: 3,844

I hadn't spotted the problem as I tend only to read the most recent parts of a thread.  Any links available as an example?

It's certainly annoying when somebody removes a post after there has been response to it.  Rude too in my opinion to do so after soembody has gone to the trouble to reply.  I'd like to see the same as many sites have, either time limit to editing or can't edit after a reply has been posted.

• MuddyForkMuddyFork North HampshirePosts: 435

I believe that if someone closes/deletes their account all of their postings are also deleted.  It's how the site works.  I expect Nora will explain next week.

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 58,472

There is a five minute time limit on editing here. 

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 23,631

I think your title says it all. " they left in a huff" and have gone to pastures new.

Devon.
  • LynLyn DevonPosts: 15,245

And I think they will carry on there like they did on here?

Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• nutcutletnutcutlet PeterboroughPosts: 26,087

I don't know, or care, who's gone. So far I haven't missed anyone whose opinion I value, I hope this is the case, time will tell.

The huffers, the stirrers, the abusive and the perpetually offended, we are better off without. 

• KT53KT53 Posts: 3,844
    MuddyFork says:

I believe that if someone closes/deletes their account all of their postings are also deleted.  It's how the site works.  I expect Nora will explain next week.

See original post

That would make sense, although still annoying.