Forum home The potting shed

Just need to vent...

• PalaisglidePalaisglide Posts: 3,414

KT53, The bit that gets to me is yesterdays terrorist is todays Freedom fighter and peace maker, tell that to the families who suffered.

My vivd memory is of a picture in the Guard Room with a shoot on sight notice, he later became President of his Country.

I always knew we lived in a mad mad world.

Frank.

• KT53KT53 Posts: 5,579

I accept that people can change.  What I won't accept is the whitewashing of their life before they became the 'good guy'.  McGuinness has the blood of many innocents on his hands but it seems that doesn't matter!

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 72,920

Can I just suggest that this forum is not the place for politics ... it's caused problems before ... can we learn from the past even if the politicians can't?  

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

The potting shed is the place for non gardening discussion.  Nobody is forced to join in if they don't wish to.

On the original subject, I've had a response from the BBC who said it's the reporter's job to voice concerns raised by others.  I don't doubt that, just the raising of 'concerns' less than 24 hours after the event.  Then, I didn't expect any other response from the BBC.  Just watch 'Newswatch' to see how the producers dismiss any complaints or concerns raised.

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 72,920

I have no problem with your original post and subject matter at all KT53 image

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• Daisy33Daisy33 LondonPosts: 1,031

There is always the "OFF" switch for anyone who does not wish to watch/hear. It really is very useful, works well, and fail safe. Do try it.

• pansyfacepansyface PEAK DISTRICT DerbyshirePosts: 18,682

HEAR HEAR.

OR RATHER, DON'T HEAR HEAR.

Apophthegm -  a big word for a small thought.

Interestingly one of the senior editors or producers of the News on BBC was on Newswatch this morning.  As with every other person from the BBC ever questioned about content, he wouldn't accept that they could or should have done anything differently.  He even claimed that having the two presenters of Breakfast stood in the road, instead of staying in the studio, gave a better understanding of what was happening.

• ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 26,436

He said it gave the presenters a better understanding.  To me they just looked cold and somewhat embarrassed to be there.

What these people need is to be forced to watch their coverage of such events and then, maybe, they'd learn how poor it is and how unimaginative it is and how unprofessional and then they can do better.

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
  • raisingirlraisingirl East Devon, on the Edge of Exmoor.Posts: 4,814

I do watch Newswatch because now and then they talk to a correspondent or journalist rather than some talking head from the management and those conversations are sometimes illuminating. The management always say 'well it's a balance.....' image

“There is no military solution
    Doesn't always end up as something worse”