Florabest strimmer

Seen a Florabest petrol strimmer at Lidl for £70 with a 3 year warranty , I know it won't be the best going but are they any good just for a few hours each year?

• KT53KT53 Posts: 3,864

Lidl actually have a reputation for good kit at low prices.  I would question the value of a petrol strimmer if it's only going to get a few hours use per year, unless you can service it yourself.

• mac12mac12 Posts: 41

I can service it myself so no problem there. I have an electric one now but by the time I get it out then the extension lead though the window walking back and forward it takes longer getting ready than doing the job I just don't want to spend £70 to find it won't start or falls apart, but then with 3 years warranty it would just go back.

• KT53KT53 Posts: 3,864

On that basis, with a 3 year warranty there is really nothing to lose.

• If it's any help, I bought a Lidl petrol mower last week. It's got a 4 stroke Briggs and Stratton engine and I'm over the moon with it. I've never used a petrol mower before, I'm nearing my sell by date and gave a few rickety joints, so I was worried about the pull cord. I've had no problems,set it up as instructed and I've used it twice. Does 3 lawns in no time,no leads to move and mess round with and now I'm temoted by the petrol strimmer.. Can't fault the quality.

• mac12mac12 Posts: 41

I bought the petrol strimmer 3 weeks ago and while it might not be the best one the market I am very happy with it, like you say no leads to move, it starts second pull, seems light to carry all I have to do is move the car because of the speed compared to the electric if it hits a stone it goes though the air like a bullet.