amaryllis

imageimagefrom one bulb I now have many,latest bulbs sometimes have 3loweiv bn.2 flowering stems,and pruducing bebyplants,this site won't let me do spelling corrections,sorry.Os it unusual to have 6 trumpets.Hope to upload piccy

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 48,963

I have had a lot of flowers on one stem, especially from some of the bigger more expensive bulbs, but to be honest I've never counted how many. 

Lovely pic. 

"...tea and toasted buttered currant buns, can't compensate for lack of sun because the summer's all gone..."   Autumn Almanac - Ray Davies
  • yvesyves Posts: 6

this was originally a poorly bulb for 50p,so thrilled a few years on,the rewards of multiple beautiful flowers from nursing it well.

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 48,963

That's what you call gardening image

What's your regime for keeping them. I don't have a greenhouse or conservatory at this house so I'd stopped growing them, but a young relative has started giving me an amaryllis bulb every Christmas and I want to start keeping them again

Last edited: 23 March 2017 07:02:52

"...tea and toasted buttered currant buns, can't compensate for lack of sun because the summer's all gone..."   Autumn Almanac - Ray Davies
  • yvesyves Posts: 6

good compost,some sand,on a cool window sill,feed when flowering,never over water,after flooriweringlowering (flowering,cant erase spelling on this site for some reason),frugel watering.As soon as flowers die,nip off,and when all dead,cut stem tto an inch .If babies turn up,separate when they have grown a little,and of course,bulbs stand proud on the soil,I.e half out.