Forum home Tools and techniques

Greenhouse

Would like to purchase a greenhouse 6ftx8ft this is my first greenhouse would like recomendations please

• ShepsSheps Posts: 828

Have a look at this

https://www.greenhousepeople.co.uk/greenhouse/122/hercules-trafalgar-6x8-green/

From what I have read, Hercules make a very good greenhouse and have some great reviews and based on those reviews I have ordered a 6ftx10ft Trafalgar, they are not the cheapest out there, but they come with many features that the cheaper models don't ( unless you pay for those options ) plus they are High Eave which was one of the main reasons I went for the Hercules.

Mine doesn't arrive until June and the waiting is really starting to bug me image

Last edited: 19 March 2017 22:51:12

• Sandra100Sandra100 Posts: 130

I got mine from Greenhouse Stores.  It's a Halls 8x6 with Horticultural Glass.

Price was my main consideration, since I was on a tight budget.  However having said that I'm really happy with it.  I paid an installer to put it up since we'd had a really bad experience with a second hand one.  It took him 4.5 hours, and was money really well spent.

I've had it for 2 weeks now and it's nearly full, I'm spending every spare minute in it and loving it!

• vernoverno Posts: 10

I'm interesting of having a greenhouse too but I'm planning to make one on my own by means of buying raw materials. I already have construction tools so I think I can do it. I hope I can somehow save some money. The Hercules  greenhouse looks affordable and great though

• PosyPosy Isle of Wight.Posts: 2,770

Verno, keep an eye on your local press. People quite often offer greenhouses at cut rates or even free if the buyer will remove it. If you find a good one you can save a fortune. If you do try this, mark each piece and each pane with a number and make a plan showing where they belong BEFORE you take anything apart.

• Pete.8Pete.8 Billericay, EssexPosts: 7,502

I bought a 8 x 10 Rhino Premuim last year and am very pleased with it.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit.
    Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.