Forum home Garden design

Garden furniture

We need a new table and chairs set for the garden. B&Q etc feels like overpriced rubbish. I don't mind spending a reasonable sum if it's good value for money. Do you have any recommendations?

• Depends on what look you're after, I suppose...and for how many people etc.

We got ours from this place once - they have a large range of many different styles.

Another time, we just got a table and two chairs from a local antique shop that was shutting down!

Have a look on your local Gumtree/Preloved sites too, or NextDoor site - you'll be amazed what pops up image

https://www.greenfingers.com/category.asp?dept_id=500548

• Pete.8Pete.8 Billericay, EssexPosts: 6,107

Most big garden centres have an area dedicated to to 'outdoor living' a few locally to me have lots to choose from- some with scary prices!

I got a decent 10 seater hardwood table and chairs a few years ago - I think it was about £250

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit.
    Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.
  • amberspyamberspy Posts: 353

For about ten years we had wooden table and chairs but decided to replace them a couple year ago with this ,it so comfy and exactly what I wanted ( this is not my garden )now we moved house and had big patio layed we just ordered the sofa set to match ,can't wait for summer ??imageimage

• SussexsunSussexsun Posts: 1,444

Try

https://www.wayfair.co.uk/Garden-Chairs-and-Seating-C1823606.html

Wayfair have some lovely stuff to suit all budgets

To see a world in a grain of sand and heaven in a wild flower Hold infinity in the palm of your hand and eternity in an hour.

• madpenguinmadpenguin Isle of WightPosts: 2,143

If you don't want to pay too much it is a good idea to wait till the end of the season when summer stuff is being sold off at big discounts!

“Every day is ordinary, until it isn't.” - Bernard Cornwell-Death of Kings
  • KT53KT53 Posts: 4,492

If there are any horticultural shows in your area they tend to be a good source of quality garden furniture.  Often no dearer than some of the junk you'll find at the box shifters like B&Q or Homebase.

• B3B3 Posts: 15,004

I  some good quality benches from Cyan. They were reasonably priced too.

In London. Keen but lazy.
  • RedwingRedwing Posts: 875

I like Duncan's post....nice stuff!

We bought ours from Greenfingers.com  pretty good prices if on sale but I wish I'd known about Duncans.

• SparklesJDSparklesJD Posts: 344

Wilko's new range seems quite reasonable.

• Made.com does some nice garden furniture. Used them a few times now and in my opinion they are great. Not expensive for what you get either.