Gardeners' world

I was so interested in the subject of the Andromeda gardens in Barbados featured on Gardeners'World as my daughter-in-law is a Bajan girl and has taken me and my OH around some of the lovely gardens of Barbados on our holidays there. We haven't been to that one featured on Gardeners' World so that is for the next time!  It is true that the flowers we grow here in the UK grow much larger in the Caribbean climate. I remember seeing plants that we grow as house plants growing huge in their lovely gardens.image

• AnniDAnniD Posts: 1,420
    How fantastic was that rockery in Faversham? My congratulations to the ladies and others involved. I found it very moving.
  • Buzzy2Buzzy2 Posts: 57
    Great program compared to the Chelsea Flower Show one.
    Excellent flower coverage for once! :)
  • fidgetbonesfidgetbones Posts: 12,375
    I liked the rockery in Faversham too. I am surprised the elf and safety brigade didn't step in and require harnesses on that slope.
    It's not a mess, it's a nature reserve.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Busy-LizzieBusy-Lizzie Posts: 12,543
    I liked the street in Peckham with all the tiny pretty front gardens, made it look like a country village.
  • LG_LG_ gardens in SE LondonPosts: 1,718
    Me too, BL. There are lots of lovely surprises like that all over London - and that one is just a bus ride away. I'm going to go and take a look, I think. 
    'If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.'
    - Cicero
  • Mary370Mary370 Limerick, Ireland Posts: 1,360
    I'm disappointed I can't vote for the best small garden  :'(
  • FireFire LondonPosts: 4,475
    I would happily vote for the Peckham gardens for the best small plot award, over the ones listed.
  • Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 18,299
    I loved the Peckham gardens , but the "rockery" left me cold and reaching for the FF button.
    Despite the lovely nurseryman, I still can't fall in love with alpines. 
    hey ho.
    I'm glad they're covering different topics. I believe some folk don't like bananas. shock horror.
    Devon.
  • FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 22,110
    I believe some folk don't like bananas. shock horror.
    I only like eating them  :D  
    Not sure I watched much of it on Friday  - it was just 'on' in the background. I have to say [and I'm no doubt in the minority] but coverage of flower shows leaves me cold.
    to walk through a forest is to touch the past