1st Slow worm of 2017 ?

Took this photo this pm. Warm and sunny and the perfect sunbathing spotimageimage

• nutcutletnutcutlet PeterboroughPosts: 26,088

Nice one, you beat me this year Philippa. image

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 58,565

imageimageimage

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Sorry about that Nut but such a lovely surprise - particularly as I was working in that area and not thinking about Slow worms in particularimage  I know we have several here and they do breed in the garden.  Just need the Grass snake to appear and then that's me sortedimage

• steephillsteephill Posts: 1,047

Lovely to see them out and about. I found one on top of the compost in one of my daleks yesterday. I need to empty out the daleks to extract the usable compost and reload the immature stuff but will wait for a warmer day to make sure the slow worms are mobile enough to get themselves out of the way temporarily. 

• 2ponds2ponds Posts: 7

I have had a garden for nigh on 40 years, have 2 small wildlife ponds a decent sized logpile, and numerous other wildlife friendly areas, but i have never seen any reptile, plenty of amphibians. but i would love to see a grass snake, even if my frog population would be up in arms. 

Last edited: 15 March 2017 20:00:07

• I'm almost the same as you 2ponds - we have one full pond and one on the cusp, amphibians and wildlife areas too but we have never seen a slow worm and I know they exist on the island, just not in our garden. We live in hope!