New plants....Who wants them?

VerdunVerdun Posts: 23,348

as some might know, I am a sucker for new plants.  A sucker though after I have researched as much as I can and am convinced they are as good as the hype.image

so is anyone else a sucker for a new plant....if so, what in particular do you crave?

from astilbe Shogun and the latest little eucomis I am hooked image

What new plants do you want in your gardens?  

For me it is agastacke kudos Silver Blue.........

• Mark56Mark56 Windsor, BerkshirePosts: 1,634

Every variety of Agastache under the sun especially Kudos Mandarin image

• CloggieCloggie Posts: 1,153

Just bought mine.  I wanted a Choisya Sundance again and I've got one.

Not smart, not clever but functional and beautiful.  I'm happy.  On to the next object of desire ... image 

• hogweedhogweed Central ScotlandPosts: 3,216

Ordered some Kudos Mandarin and some Bupleurum longifolium 'Bronze Beauty'! No idea if either will be hardy here in Scotland but could not resist!

'Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement' - Helen Keller
  • Mines Monardra Beauty of Cobham. I haven't got it in my garden but have planted it in others. When I seen it in full bloom, I've always thought that's one that I want in mine. Love the contrast in the colour of the flowers and their formation 

To be honest, any other Monarda doesn't do it for me 

• Verdun

Hi 

I try a give them room and water only at the base but some plants such as Monadra are mildew prone. Natures way of telling us that plants we not always perfect image

• MelspadMelspad Posts: 73

I am heavily into Echinacea and Dieramas.  I have got around 10 different Dieramas, either established plants or seedlings, but am having real trouble getting any unusual seeds from this country for the Echinaceas.  I have a friend who lives in Canada and she says she will try and find some different seeds if I send her a list of 'wants'.

• LoganLogan Posts: 2,535

They aren't flowers but, I've got 6 varieties of rhubarb, Victoria, Poultons Pride, Timperley early, Stockbridge arrow, Livingston, Valentina. There's 2 more that I'd like, Fulton's strawberry surprise and Rosenhagenimage

• PerkiPerki Rossendale - LancashirePosts: 1,225

I am trying a few new plants for me this year, I trying agastache black adder still unsure it would survive a winter though, got a calamagrostis karl forster to plant out ( first perennial grass ) - lobelia verdrariesis and other plants which are in my plants stash, I always forget what's there until I add more plants image

Was talking to mum about a strawberry rhubarb plant yesterday but couldn't remember the name, sound delicious image .

I got a few monarda's - cambridge scarlet / beauty of cobham / scorpion , beauty of cobham and cambridge scarlet have been mildew free so far, scorpion did get mildrew, good mulch hopefully will help this year.