Hedgehog

Went into the garden tonight to put rubbish in the bin and my hedgehogs are backimage

• Ladybird4Ladybird4 Third rock from the sunPosts: 27,192

Thats wonderful!

Cacoethes: An irresistible urge to do something inadvisable
  • Mark56Mark56 Windsor, BerkshirePosts: 1,653

Woo hoo, spring is truly here image check out our Help Save the Hedgehog Part 2 thread for advice and try to get some pictures image

• Ladybird4Ladybird4 Third rock from the sunPosts: 27,192

This is my hedgehog

Cacoethes: An irresistible urge to do something inadvisable

What a beauty you have there Ladybird image looks very healthy indeed

• AnniDAnniD Posts: 5,437

Hello Ladybird,  I love your photo ! "Our" hedgehog turned up last night for the first time this year. As we'd had such a lovely day, I had a feeling they might turn up, so put our camera out on the patio. We may have 2 different ones, but not sure. We have a hedgehog house tucked away at the bottom of the garden, so tonight I plan to put a camera nearby to see if it has been occupied !

• Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 23,660

I've just spotted some hog poo for the first time this year. 

Right, where's the cat food?

Devon.
  • madpenguinmadpenguin Isle of WightPosts: 1,786

Mine returned about 3 weeks ago.I have 3 and 2 I recognise from last year.For the past 4 days one has been asleep in the hog house!

This is the 9th year in a row I have had them.I am on a fairly new housing estate backing on the farmland and a nature reserve.

“Every day is ordinary, until it isn't.” - Bernard Cornwell-Death of Kings
  • rev229rev229 Posts: 3

We had several last year. We have 2 hog houses. We rescued 2 underweight ones in December who are at rescue centres. The one at the local centre should be coming back to us. love my hedgehog family.

• AnniDAnniD Posts: 5,437

Just to let you know, there's a programme on Channel 5 next Tuesday (20th June), called "Meet the Hedgehogs". Not sure if it's a one-off or a series.image

I saw this advertised with Steve Backshall from the Deadly 60, the kids show. I think it's a one off but have put it in the Sky Planner. All promo is good promo! image

Last edited: 14 June 2017 21:56:00