Forum home The potting shed

KEW Gardens Visit

Hi all so far I know Chicky, Wonky and I would like to plan a visit to Kew Gardens to see the herbaceous border.

anyone else fancy joining us?  Chicky please could you also advise best time to go x 

• fidgetbonesfidgetbones Posts: 14,708

In June or July? I  think herbaceous borders are at their best then.

You don't stop doing new things because you get old, you get old because you stop doing new things. <3
  • WonkyWombleWonkyWomble Posts: 3,190

Reckon Dove will want to join us too Beausmum image must have cake too!

• B3B3 Posts: 15,046

Me too please.

In London. Keen but lazy.
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 64,630

Definitely image  Several of us discussed this last year when the new border was very new and decided that this year would be a better bet as the border would have 'bedded in' by then image

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• Beaus MumBeaus Mum Posts: 3,540

Brill sounds like a plan then and hope you from up north are ok to travel so far bless ya image

Thank you fidget re best time to go.  Shall we say July as last year June was a wash out!

Sounds good image but early July ... before schools have broken up? 

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

Now I'm a lady of leisure anytime time good with me image

I'm a lady of leisure too - but although I love children in small doses, a railway carriage full of over- excited children and careworn parents all on their way to see the sights can be a little tedious image

But whatever suits the majority best image

Dovefromabove says:

I'm a lady of leisure too - but although I love children in small doses, a railway carriage full of over- excited children and careworn parents all on their way to see the sights can be a little tedious image

But whatever suits the majority best image

See original post

Good point image def early July then image

• CopperdogCopperdog Posts: 388

I would love to join you all too if that's ok?  I know we are away for a c couple of days latter part of June but I will try and be as flexible as I can to able to come along.  Be lovely to meet you all.