Our Gardening Diaries (Incorporating My Flowers ..)

Aym, love the pansies.image

• LoganLogan Posts: 2,532

Aym, if you Didn't dead head them you will get a lot of seed, to make more plants.image

Here are some crocus and polyanthus

Last edited: 02 March 2017 19:08:34

• Joyce21Joyce21 Posts: 15,319

Love blue flowers and your pansies are super, Aym.

SW Scotland
  • PerkiPerki Rossendale - LancashirePosts: 1,622

You've got some really nice Hellebores Aym image

• PerkiPerki Rossendale - LancashirePosts: 1,622

I think you miss understand the GH bit Aym, another forum member was putting their GH up but couldn't due to bad weather. I have had my own GH up for the past 3 or 4 years.

Got a picture from last year though, another 8 weeks or so it will look very similar, I have a grapevine growing across the roof. I grow tomatoes and cucumbers on the other side and have a potting bench there as well. 

• Daisy33Daisy33 LondonPosts: 1,026

Lovely photos everyone, thank you.

They really put a Spring in my step. image

• Daisy33Daisy33 LondonPosts: 1,026

AYM, I will endeavour to do the jungle...just as soon as it stops raining at 5 degrees ! image

Last edited: 03 March 2017 06:57:37

• wakeshinewakeshine Posts: 951

Aym sorry to see your amaryllis broke! What lovely crocus photography. I really wish I'd bought some crocus and Snowdrops but didn't :-( I thought they're too small but after seeing them here I appreciate their beauty. Do snowdrops and crocus naturalise and multiply year after year? Can they be planted in a dry patch under a conifer? 

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,663
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • wakeshinewakeshine Posts: 951

What are these flowers Aym? The ones you are trying find the colours for? 

The crocuses are so pretty. How sad it disappeared Hazel. I bought some crocus and snowdrop bulbs today in a shop, they were 50p. I put them in the ground. They were already sprouting, I know this is bad, do you think they'll flower this season? 

• LantanaLantana Posts: 5,776

Aym, , those hellebores are beautiful and thank you for naming them - well, most of them! I think it's always better seeing the flower in someone's garden than viewing in the catalogue pictures.

Perki, I'm envious of your greenhouse from last year. You've made me determined to stuff more into mine! I find I don't use the lower shelves as much as I should because of the top part of the staging shading them. 

Hazel, wonder if a bird ate your lovely crocus?