Forum home The potting shed

Our Gardening Diaries (Incorporating My Flowers ..)

Aym, love the pansies.image

• LoganLogan Posts: 2,532

Aym, if you Didn't dead head them you will get a lot of seed, to make more plants.image

Here are some crocus and polyanthus

Last edited: 02 March 2017 19:08:34

• Joyce21Joyce21 Posts: 15,489

Love blue flowers and your pansies are super, Aym.

SW Scotland
  • PerkiPerki Rossendale - LancashirePosts: 1,725

You've got some really nice Hellebores Aym image

• PerkiPerki Rossendale - LancashirePosts: 1,725

I think you miss understand the GH bit Aym, another forum member was putting their GH up but couldn't due to bad weather. I have had my own GH up for the past 3 or 4 years.

Got a picture from last year though, another 8 weeks or so it will look very similar, I have a grapevine growing across the roof. I grow tomatoes and cucumbers on the other side and have a potting bench there as well. 

• Daisy33Daisy33 LondonPosts: 1,030

Lovely photos everyone, thank you.

They really put a Spring in my step. image

• Daisy33Daisy33 LondonPosts: 1,030

AYM, I will endeavour to do the jungle...just as soon as it stops raining at 5 degrees ! image

Last edited: 03 March 2017 06:57:37

• wakeshinewakeshine Posts: 950

Aym sorry to see your amaryllis broke! What lovely crocus photography. I really wish I'd bought some crocus and Snowdrops but didn't :-( I thought they're too small but after seeing them here I appreciate their beauty. Do snowdrops and crocus naturalise and multiply year after year? Can they be planted in a dry patch under a conifer? 

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,663
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • wakeshinewakeshine Posts: 950

What are these flowers Aym? The ones you are trying find the colours for? 

The crocuses are so pretty. How sad it disappeared Hazel. I bought some crocus and snowdrop bulbs today in a shop, they were 50p. I put them in the ground. They were already sprouting, I know this is bad, do you think they'll flower this season? 

• ButtercupdaysButtercupdays Posts: 2,784

That's very expensive for C.Thomasinianus! I got mine from Peter Nyssen and theirs are only £2.75! They are very easy, mine are growing in grass and have seeded themselves around, so I keep finding them popping up in unexpected places. You do need to plant them where they get sun though or they won't open fully. I grow a couple of different shades:.imageimageC.Thomasimageinianus C.Whitewell Purple