Narcissi help

Hello,

I am attempting to grow the beautiful narcissi bridal crown in pots for my wedding in mid April. I have grown a few different varieties of narcissi before but never the bridal crown. I was wondering if anyone had any experience, advice or expertise in approximate growth stages and blooming time for this variety? I have attached a picture of the current stages with the bulbs and I am wondering approximately how long it will be before they bloom, and how long the blooms are likely to last?

I am in North East England and live in a suburban area. The bulbs are outside in pots in a partially sunny/sunny area. The temperatures locally have varied between 2 and 10 degrees recently.

Any input would be much appreciated.

Thanks very much!

Last edited: 28 February 2017 12:10:27

• RedwingRedwing Posts: 875

I think those will flower before mid April. Best to keep them cold to delay flowering. Put them in the fridge to slow them down. Then take them out at different times to stagger flowering time.  

• punkdocpunkdoc Sheffield, Derbyshire border.Posts: 7,629

Lot of bulbs to put in the fridge.

Without a large cold storage area, I think that they will bloom too early, sorry.

Time is never time at all
    You can never ever leave
    Without leaving a piece of youth
  • How about the garage? Our garage is quite cold, and obviously dark. Would the darkness affect the quality of the blooms? How long do you think the blooms will last?