Pancake Tuesday

• Papi JoPapi Jo Brittany, France Posts: 2,047

Down with Nutella! image

You are invited to a virtual visit of my garden (in English or in French).
  • Ladybird4Ladybird4 Third rock from the sunPosts: 25,331

Hear hear Papi Jo!

Cacoethes: An irresistible urge to do something inadvisable
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 55,600
    Muddle-Up says:

I have a sneaking feeling that we had them with strawberry jam and sugar, when I was a child.....but I could be wrong.  That might have been left-over Yorkshire pudding.....image

See original post

I was telling OH about leftover Yorkshire pudding on Sunday - we used to have ours warmed up with golden syrup, or sometimes with butter and brown sugar - that was wonderful - you've never lived if you've not had left-over Yorkshire pudding served like that ... mind you, Ma had to cook an extra big one to make sure there was enough for two meals image

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• Beaus MumBeaus Mum Posts: 3,530

We usually have ours tea time and I love maple syrup image

we wont be having today as I'm sitting here whilst kitchen wall is coming down image

Oh oh Beaus Mum. I hope this is deliberate and if so you are not too 'dusty' for very long!

• Beaus MumBeaus Mum Posts: 3,530

Yes it is deliberate ladybird image but un expected that we got a builder quite so soon!

the dust will look lovely with all the mud Beau brings in image its the new interior designer look didn't you know image

• RedwingRedwing Posts: 875
    Dovefromabove says:

We love pancakes. image

We'll have them for our supper - both courses image image

we'll have ham and cheese pancakes followed by pancakes with raspberries and creme fraiche or lemon and sugar - OH may have golden syrup on his too!!!

See original post

We, too.  Ham, mushrooms and cheese for the first course followed by sweet ones; this year fresh mangos and cream, yum.

• PalaisglidePalaisglide Posts: 3,414

Nearly the end of a romance before it started. Our family always had the Yorkshire puddings first with onion gravy then lunch, that was the Yorkshire way. Had met Joan and was invited to her home for Sunday lunch. We were served the pudding and gravy only Joan had hers with butter and jam. I was flabbered and gasted all at the same time, how could she desacrate a good Yorkshire like that. I did manage to forgive her and she made traditional puddings but hers were always with butter and jam, never did manage to cure her of that odd idioscincrassy.

Pancakes thin with butter sugar and fresh lemon none of that weird stuff in yellow bottles.

Frank.

Beaus Mum, when its all done you will soon forget about the mess and just love your new kitchen. image

• LoganLogan Posts: 2,532

Just had ours, didn't have the frying pan up so much, didn't set the fire alarm off this time. Fresh lemon and caster sugar, with currents. Did a plain one for the dogs.image