Forum home Problem solving

What weed is this please - how to i get rid of it?

Hi All,

Please could you help my identify what weed is growing in my lawn.  It has taken over about 50% of the lawn and all the flower beds over the winter period. 

Also, do you guys have any idea how I can get rid of it?  I have dug most of it up in the flower beds but I cant do that in the lawn.

• ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 25,361

Celandine.  Can be very persistent.  

Try a special weed and feed mix for grass which can be applied in spring or autumn.  See the packets for instructions and timings.

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
  • Obelixx says:

Celandine.  Can be very persistent.  

Try a special weed and feed mix for grass which can be applied in spring or autumn.  See the packets for instructions and timings.

See original post
    Thanks very much Obelixx.  I didn't expect have an answer that quickly :)

• Thanks

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 69,264

After it has flowered it will die down until next spring, so although it's very noticeable now it won't be visible in the summer, if that's any consolation. 

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• It is actually some consolation - however it would still be good to try and reduce the amount of ground it covers.