Forum home Problem solving

Bug free healthy nettles

Forget soap suds and pesticides. Brown sticky tape!

imageimage

• FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 36,248

Are they inside YoungC? I'm slightly baffled as to the reason for that!

It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

• You can have some of mine anytime you like! They are very healthy, if their vigour is anything to go by, and not beset by bugs either, apart from some butterfly caterpillars sometmes, which is a source of rejoicingimage

Are you going to make nettle beer? You'll need a few more than that!

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 69,267

Think YoungC goes in for self flagellation with nettles - apparently she finds it helps her painful knees. image

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• Yes Fairygirl, they are inside. Being warmer indoors means I have a continuous supply throughout the year. I have some in the garden but they are still in the dormant state at this time of year.

Last edited: 28 February 2017 10:23:56

• Buttercupdays says:

You can have some of mine anytime you like! They are very healthy, if their vigour is anything to go by, and not beset by bugs either, apart from some butterfly caterpillars sometmes, which is a source of rejoicingimage

Are you going to make nettle beer? You'll need a few more than that!

See original post

Are you referring to the present time Buttercupdays when you refer to vigour, butterfly and caterpillars, or are you referring to what they are like in the milder months? The ones in my photo are how my indoor ones are now.

Maybe you reside in  warmer climes than I do. I would be very surprised if anyone's nettles were bug free in the warm weather. Apparently lady birds are helpful though.  

Last edited: 28 February 2017 15:52:24