Bargain plants

VerdunVerdun Posts: 23,348

local B & M has perennials of all sorts at £1 99 or 3 for a fiver.  Excellent quality and those I bought have already been repotted.  Purchased at this time of year all will grow fast and flower well from early summerimage

• Mark56Mark56 Windsor, BerkshirePosts: 1,546

9cm or bigger? image

• hi verdun,how are you,are you growing any flowers from seed,thats the cheapest way,i also would like to try and sell a few plants,any tips from you,at all.

• PerkiPerki Rossendale - LancashirePosts: 1,184

I always have a gander in B&M for the perennials which are normally in 1 litre pots. Got helenium M beauty from B&M which quite a few forum members have complemented.

Lidl are getting dahlia tuber in next week ( 3 tubers for £2 ) compost / potting compost and other bits in stock as well

I grow a few bedding plants / baskets to sell on to neighbours and clients, nought big just a few tray here and there, I call it garden money instead of beer money. Most people seem to be more interested in plants already flowering.

Last edited: 25 February 2017 17:40:06

I see, I see. I brought a clematis from there last year & it did well. I'll have to make a trip into Reading soon then. I wonder if Range are also doing any young perennials, as like you Verdun - I'm too impatient for lots of slow seedlings.  http://www.bmstores.co.uk/products/hardy-shrub-plants-179657 Some shrubs here, there's also climbers & fuchsias on the website 

Last edited: 25 February 2017 18:03:53

99p seeds on B&M website also, not bad at all. I'm sure they'll reward you for your efforts Verd by munching on the slugs that have your new delphiniums in sight image

Last edited: 25 February 2017 19:04:43

• Tray14Tray14 Posts: 211

My bargain so far this year has been 6 Allium Christophi bulbs - believe it or not from Wyvale! All coming through beautifully ?

• Tray14Tray14 Posts: 211

Meant to say they cost 75p in total !