help for raspberries

can someone give me advices hot to grow my raspberries in a straight line and dont make them so bushy
It will be so much cool if someone want to be online friends and be there everytime I have a question for that topic
sorry for my bad english and thanks in advance

• fidgetbonesfidgetbones Posts: 13,473

If you plant the raspberries in a straight line, that is a good start. The second year the roots will run a bit. Some varieties are worse than others for this. You can sever canes that are growing in the wrong place, leaving only the new canes in the line you want.  Have a strong post at each end of the line, and attach wires between the two to tie the canes to.

https://www.rhs.org.uk/advice/grow-your-own/fruit/raspberries

You don't stop doing new things because you get old, you get old because you stop doing new things. <3
  • DarkoDarko Posts: 2

so after one year there will be new roots right and they will not be in a straight line
    can I dig them and put them in a stragiht line or I am goona ruin them in that proces 
    becouse the new ones grow right next to each other (some of them dont) but if I dig thouse who are close will I do any damage to them ?
    btw thanks for your fast replay
    :D

• fidgetbonesfidgetbones Posts: 13,473

Yes, you can resite the ones that grow out of the straight line. After a year or two you may have so many that you just throw away any strays.

I have had one run under a slabbed path and come up in a crack on the boundary fence. I leave it because it has the tastiest berries, and it crops twice, early in June on last years wood, and from September on new years wood.

You don't stop doing new things because you get old, you get old because you stop doing new things. <3