Exciting........

VerdunVerdun Posts: 23,348

had a chat with local nursery owner earlier.  She has expanded her range even more this year from an already large number of plants.  She opens officially next week and the plants we discussed made my mouth water.  lots of tender and exotic stuff of course image

anything "exciting" to add to your gardens this spring folks?  If not, go on!  Spoil yourselves image

• Pink lilyPink lily Posts: 174

I got vouchers at christmas for a local garden centre, they are now burning a hole in my pocket!   Can't wait to buy new plants, but trying to hold off for another few weeks until i've tidied up the flower beds.....and possibly extended some of the beds I made last year image  

• Busy-LizzieBusy-Lizzie Posts: 12,332

We'll be going to the Malvern Spring Show in May, hoping to find some exciting plants there. A couple of years ago I fell for a gorgeous red clematis called "Rebecca", but I couldn't buy anything because I was flying back to France. This time we'll have the car.

• punkdocpunkdoc Sheffield, Derbyshire border.Posts: 5,494

I am going to try a Tetrapanax in my tropical bed this year.

Don't step on snails, don't climb in trees
    Love cliff richard but please don't tease
  • fidgetbonesfidgetbones Posts: 11,635

I tried to get a T rex but everywhere was out of stock last year. Do you know any available, punkdoc?

It's not a mess, it's a nature reserve.
  • punkdocpunkdoc Sheffield, Derbyshire border.Posts: 5,494

Paddocks have sold them in the past, but not until late Spring.

Don't step on snails, don't climb in trees
    Love cliff richard but please don't tease
  • FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 20,266

Been perusing the clematis sites as I need 'a few'.

I need them, you understand - not just want them....image

They're vital....image

to walk through a forest is to touch the past

• JoneskJonesk Posts: 205

This year I plan to add some saffron crocus. Mmmmmm my mouth is watering already. Have a place for them already but can't buy corns until high summer.

Not particularly exotic but exciting for me is that I have my raised vegetable beds ready for the first time this year so perhaps some cabbages!!!

• I planted a Lamb's Ear this year.  I adore the soft, fuzzy leaves!  I have read it has medicinal uses, and have already had occasion to test that out.  A small insect stung me the other day.  It was on my curtains in the living room (lounge) so I swept it up to throw it outside.  Had a slim body and long legs.  Well, it stung the base of my finger right off before I even made it to the front door!   Little bugger. image As painful as a bee sting, it was and really reddened and swelled up immediately.  So I went outside, ripped off 1 leaf of my Lamb's Ear, rinsed/moistened it and wrapped it around my finger for 15 minutes.  The sting was gone in 10 minutes.    :)

• LoanaLoana Posts: 422

Ooh peggy that sounds painful, we have a dear friend in Mineola,Texas?

Exciting, absolutely, inbought several clematis last year, so looking forward to them this summer. I think thorncroft is near me in norfolk must take a closer look? I would feel guilty about my precious purchases but i work hard and sold my horse last year, so that eases the guilt somewhat.......keep posting your purchase plans, we can pick up ideas from others?