Forum home Problem solving

Pesky Squirrels

13»

• FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 46,404

I'm waiting for the wolves to be reintroduced to keep the deer under control. Can you imagine the stooshie that would cause! It would be brilliant  image

On a lighter note - they did an item on 'wolves' on one of the episodes of our outdoor prog here - Landward. It was an alternative to trying to keep deer away from new saplings, instead of building a physical barrier - expense of it and all that. The solution? A group of volunteers who went out to the vulnerable areas on a regular basis, and howled like wolves.....

I kid you not. Hilarious!

and no, it wasn't April 1st  image

It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

• LynLyn DevonPosts: 19,935
    Hostafan1 says:

indeed so. Remember all those lovely " animal rights people" releasing mink into the wild? Ask the otters and river fish how pleased there were about it.

See original post

They let mink out from close to where you live and one jumped on the back of my friends pea hen when she was sitting on her eggs, horrible things they should never have Let them out, so much damage done at the time. It was before you moved there.

Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 31,664

Lyn, You'll be thrilled to know...... I've got a fuchsia.  One of Hubby's clients gave it to him last summer. It's got little shoots already.

Devon.
  • LynLyn DevonPosts: 19,935
    Hostafan1 says:

Lyn, You'll be thrilled to know...... I've got a fuchsia.  One of Hubby's clients gave it to him last summer. It's got little shoots already.

See original post

Chop it right down if it's got new shoots, which one is it?

Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor.