Forum home The potting shed

Has Trump completely lost the plot?

2»

• KT53 says:

The potting shed is an area for non gardening discussion.  You don't have to join in and the title of the topic gives a pretty idea of what to expect inside it.

If what America did only affected America maybe it could be ignored.

See original post

I noted the outrage in the UK when Trump dared to mention his support for the UK leaving the union. You weren't one of those thinking he should have mind his own business are you?

• WonkyWomble says:

Party animals welcome for sure Johnny! image

Last edited: 16 February 2017 14:29:35

See original post

LOL, a retired party animal. I have a little gardening business now and I feed birds.

• My apologies, I didn't read what the potting shed was about. It was just the first political thread I came across and was instantly ready for battle because politics is a hot, hot, hot thing for me. My father was a founding member of the Reform Party of Canada. Dad's friends were former provincial leaders, senators and he knew our former PM when the reform party was just hatched. I follow politics closely and am always too quick to say how I really feel.

• WonkyWombleWonkyWomble Posts: 3,812

I do all three Johnny! image

• pansyfacepansyface PEAK DISTRICT DerbyshirePosts: 18,930
    Johnny canoe says:

"FALSE NEWS" ? Do you mean fake news? lol

NO, I MEANT FALSE NEWS, IN THE WAY THAT PEOPLE TALK ABOUT FALSE TEETH NOT FAKE ONES.

YOU SAID THAT YOU THOUGHT THAT THIS WAS A NICE GARDENING SITE. I WAS TRYING, WITH A BIT OF BRITISH UNDERSTATEMENT AND IRONY, TO SUGGEST THAT IT CAN BE NICE BUT IT CAN BE NOT NICE. FALSE NOT FAKE.

ANYWAY, NO MATTER.

Apophthegm -  a big word for a small thought.
  • KT53KT53 Posts: 5,736
    Johnny canoe says:

I noted the outrage in the UK when Trump dared to mention his support for the UK leaving the union. You weren't one of those thinking he should have mind his own business are you?

See original post

You're absolutely right - I wasn't one of those thinking he should mind his own business.  I believe very strongly in free speech, and that it's OK for people to disagree with my point of view - so long as they don't mind being wrong. image (British humour which will generally be understood by Canadians)