very old masport rotarola

Hi all im new here but was recently given a masport rotarola self propeled 4 stroke with a huge steel roller it starts and runs fine its drive works but unfortunatly has no grass box body is very good i have been told by a lawnmower museum its from 1970 and possibly the only one in britain my question is would there be any value in it and were could i sell it as im struggling to thanks all.

• Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 20,999

" something is worth what someone else is prepared to pay for it" 

You could try ebay with a reserve price.

Devon.
  • pansyfacepansyface PEAK DISTRICT DerbyshirePosts: 14,736

YOU COULD CONTACT THE BRITISH LAWNMOWER MUSEUM.

NO KIDDING, IT REALLY EXISTS.image

Apophthegm -  a big word for a small thought.

I bet there's more than one.image

Devon.

yup, googled it, Southport , Cornwall , Huddersfield to name but a few.

Devon.
  • ClaringtonClarington Posts: 4,949

It seems you've already spoken to the Lawnmower museum who I will assume have not offered to purchase it from you. They are usually the best place to ask for a valuation; though this is something they can charge for along with a full inspection of the unit.

As it is missing a vital part and if a true collector wanted such a model they would need to ship it in from another country (at which point they may as well ship the whole unit and keep its credentials as a unit that has always been one rather than a jigsaw of parts).

I would recommend putting it on eBay with a reserve of £50. You will of course incur eBay and PayPal fees.