Forum home Plants

A bit of Spring

Just thought I'd share this little treasure. My friend Hazel. She's tiny, but beautiful, just waiting for a bit of pollen to be blown her way.

H-C

Last edited: 03 February 2017 13:37:42

• Sorry, photo's a bit in your face, isn't it!?  But I wanted you to see that flower close up

H-C

Last edited: 03 February 2017 13:38:37

• nutcutletnutcutlet Posts: 27,154

a nut. 

are there any more? image

In the sticks near Peterborough
  • Saw loads of flower - a dog walk where I forgot the dog for a change and took my time. Wood spurge coming up strong, ready for the warmer weather to trigger those lovely acid flower heads. I've had enough cold and wet. Struggled this year with it. Getting older perhaps?!

H-C

• Thanks HC. - That's made me smile image

Gardening in Central Norfolk on improved gritty moraine over chalk ... free-draining.

• nutcutletnutcutlet Posts: 27,154

I love to see the native plants. A lot grow here. Rarely get to eat a nut though, too many squirrels.

In the sticks near Peterborough
  • Pete.8Pete.8 Posts: 10,261

She's gorgeous!

I hope she meets a nice young bit of pollen very soon  - and may they have many nuts :)

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit.
    Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.
  • FairygirlFairygirl Posts: 52,052

Lovely pic HC  image

Easy to hurry along and not take in the small things which are so beautiful.

Dog might not be too happy if you keep heading out without him though  image

It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

I live in west central Scotland - not where that photo is...
  • imageimage

Here he is, in the pub and driving. Been with me every day since a pup three and a half years ago. I'd never walk without him, but I do ignore him sometimes!  

H-C 

• Gold Collection cultivars. Looking good on the benches, not a soul in here to buy 'em!  Sort of glad, allows me to enjoy them for longer!

H-Cimageimage

• FairygirlFairygirl Posts: 52,052

I'm not sure it's legal for dogs to drive cars HC.....image image

Those are nice - I really should get more, but I've no idea where I'd put them!

It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

I live in west central Scotland - not where that photo is...